SmithBucklin, the leading association management company, is looking for an Meeting and Event Manager to join the Event Services team in Washington, DC. Our Event Services unit provides meeting, convention, event and trade show management worldwide through the expertise of our meeting professionals, who manage every facet and detail of our client organizations' events.
Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to create an enjoyable conference experience for all attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, while ensuring a successful outcome based on the organizations' event objectives.
The Meeting and Event Manager plays a critical role in developing creative and strategic event solutions for our clients and providing outstanding customer service. This individual is the leadership of the event planning team and are integral in educating and mentoring their teams.
What You Will Do
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of conferences, meetings, tradeshows and other events for multiple clients, including pre-planning, on-site execution and post-event wrap-up; specifically, coordination of housing, registration, audio/visual, shuttle bus, F&B, site selections, city-wide events, off site events, VIP events and VIP management
- For trade shows, oversee floorplan management, management of general service contractors, security, EAC management, exhibitor service kit development, database management, development of exhibitor prospectus, virtual trade shows, VIP management, event and year-round sponsorship management and booth display rules
- Manage, coach, mentor and motivate teams as well as internal/external clients
- Financial management, including budget creation, monitoring revenue/expense performance and reviewing staff time against fees
- Counsel clients on industry best practices and contribute innovative and effective ideas to client strategic planning and process analysis
- Manage project plans and ensure consistent communication with clients regarding show updates, project milestones and deliverables
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate resources
- Take accountability to review and ensure adherence to all project documents, contracts and agreements
- Conduct monthly one-on-one meetings as well as annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of each project
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You understand the full scale of operations that goes into planning an event, including knowledge of logistics, marketing, customer service and financial management
- You have the ability to work directly with clients in a responsible, appropriate and service-oriented manner
- You demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills to resolve situations in a professional and calm manner
- You have demonstrated ability as team leader, team member and ability to work independently to best serve client
- You possess the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- You have a proven ability to supervise, mentor and support staff
- You are highly detail oriented and exhibit the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- You possess strong written and oral communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism
- You have the ability to lift 40 pounds
- You have the ability to travel up to 25%, with a willingness to travel outside of the geographic area as needed for training, meetings and on-site staffing role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in the in convention/event/meeting/tradeshow planning industry
- Excellent knowledge of meeting industry terminology and comprehensive knowledge of meeting planning, tradeshow and registration processes
- Familiarity with venues, facilities, convention centers and convention city packages throughout the country
- Project management experience to include meeting deadlines on time and on budget
- Direct supervisory experience
- Experience with international meetings and tradeshows is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.