The Medium Voltage Power System Sales (MVPSS) within the Energy Business Unit, is accountable to the National Industrial Specifiers Sales Manager.
This role is part of the Energy B.U. Sales Organization and its primary objective is to meet or exceed the business goals and objectives defined by the Industrial Specifiers Sales Manager. The MVPSS executes strategies jointly formulated with by the Ind. Specifiers Sales Manager. This position is accountable for promoting, selling and becoming the Product Application Expert of the entire Energy B.U. Offer Portfolio. The Medium Voltage Power System Sales (MVPSS) is responsible to formulate customer target sales plan and to execute it in its customer target portfolio and supporting other Sales colleagues across the entire Schneider Electric B.U.s. This position is also accountable for identifying business opportunities, log these opportunities in the Company CRM, and maintain the opportunity pipeline by following precisely the Customer Procurement Process (CPP) for each customer in its portfolio.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
The Medium Voltage Power System Sales (MVPSS)
- Execute Strategies formulated by the Director of Offer Marketing and Business Development;
- Become the Product Application Expert of the Entire Energy B.U. Medium Voltage Offer Portfolio;
3. Grow the Energy B.U. Product sales in the designated sales area through close relationship with Offer Marketers;
4. Meet/exceed Product Sales targets and associated financial KPIs for the Energy B.U. Offer Perimeter with a dedicated focus at specifying Power Systems (80% MV & 20% LV pull through) at targeted Consultants and End Users projects.
5. Develop sales/business plans, establish call plans, identify account profiles and executes the sales plan to convert targeted Customers, such has Panel Builder, End Users and Consultants to accept, buy and use Schneider Electric Energy B.U. Products;
6. Support the Sales Account Managers of different B.U. specifically on Energy B.U. Offer Perimeter
● Industry B.U., Proximity B.U. Energy B.U., IT B.U., Eco-Buildings B.U.
- Identify Projects & associated End Users with their value supply chain influencers, such has consultants and specify the Energy B.U. Products;
- Identify business opportunities, log these opportunities in the Company CRM, and maintain the opportunity pipeline by following precisely the Customer Procurement Process (CPP) for each customer in its portfolio.
· Utilizes excellent product knowledge and expertise, competitive information and customer knowledge to specify the Energy B.U. Offer portfolio at consultant level to cover customer's/end users present and future needs.
· Regularly provide feedback on conversion progress for each targeted customer;
· Provide idea to accelerate growth, and solve potential road blocks such as the technology road map;
· Analyze and challenge Offer Marketing team for specific sales by application and by product families;
· Regularly provide “lunch & learn” sessions to customers and sales team to boost skills and competencies on Energy B.U. Offer Perimeter to help bridge gaps towards solution;
· Collaborate and support the Sales Account Representative of other BU Sales team on selling the Energy B.U. Offer portfolio.
Product Application Expert (P.A.E.) Profile
- Education preferred : Electrical engineering degree (P.Eng.) or Certified Electrical Technician (C.E.T.) or relevant curriculum such as, but not limited to, Master electrician;
· At least 6 years of working experience with MV Equipment, Protective Relays, Breaker Technology such as, GIS, but not limited to, as well as Control and Measurement Products for the Industry and Utility Segments;
· At least 5 years of experience in sales with specific accomplishment of securing major projects, covering large End Users, Panel Builders and Consultants;
· Fluent in English (spoken and written);
· Other languages beneficial.
Product Application Expert (P.A.E.) Skills
· Good knowledge (autonomy) of electrical distribution, automation and control products;
· Good understanding of the customers’ problems, needs, challenges and technology, industry-specific knowledge preferred;
· Good insights on competitive landscape, competitors’ offering and competitors’ go to market model;
· Good capacity to listen;
· Good analytical and technical skills;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as negotiation and influencing skills in a multicultural environment;
· Autonomous, entrepreneurial & team spirit.
- 5 years of Industrial market segment experience;
- 3-5 years of experience of strategic account management
- Post Secondary Degree Preferred
- Ability to lead a team, set targets and delegate to execute on strategy
Main performance indicators:
- Top line sales;
- Relevant Product Market Shares;
- Opportunity Pipeline;
- Customer Satisfaction.