Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 24 days ago
The Medicare Group Senior Account Executive (GSAE) works primarily in the field to acquire new and retain existing Medicare group book of business within the Government Programs division. Territory includes the 5-county Greater Philadelphia region and groups with 2 or more individuals. The GSAE develops and maintains a consultative relationship with group accounts, prospects, consultants, brokers and Commercial Reps. Works with clients or clients’ designee (i.e. consultant, broker, financial officer, etc.) to effectively position Independence Blue Cross (IBC) products and meet account needs, resulting in membership retention and sales. Position reports to the Manager, Medicare Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Sell new business and retain existing business through group accounts in order to meet assigned annual sales goals, working within assigned territory and within target markets.
· Actively solicit new business to groups and individuals within the employer/group sales channel via consultants, brokers, direct relationships and Commercial representatives.
· Determine desirability of all opportunities through thorough review of all requests for proposals and renewals, comparing account and prospect needs and goals against company standards.
· Secure all pertinent information and data necessary for appropriate and competitive pricing of existing and prospective Medicare customers.
· Explain Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and Prescription Drug Program capabilities and/or procedures, as necessary, to prospects and customers.
· Ensure the complete understanding of product, price and services being offered to sell in the competitive marketplace.
· Coordinate with IBC support areas to provide customers (prospects, brokers, consultants, Commercial representatives) with prompt and efficient service in a fair, courteous, and responsive manner.
· Spend majority of time in broker, consultant and group offices conducting consultative sales, implementation and open enrollment meetings with benefit administrators, and Medicare beneficiaries through presentations, etc.
· Build relationships with consultants, brokers, prospects and customers, and Commercial reps.
· Provide market intelligence on product and service needs in the marketplace.
· Participate in community, business, and industry organization events as appropriate.
· Negotiate coverage contract terms and conditions.
· Develop annual Sales plan for assigned business and implement specific strategies and tactics to meet and exceed goals.
· Complete duties in a timely and accurate manner in conformance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Corporate guidelines, and management requirements.
· Perform additional duties, as assigned.
Competencies and Key Actions
The Medicare Senior Account Executive position provides an opportunity for an individual to contribute to the Government Programs area success through account retention and growth. A passion for exceeding goals should be a motivating factor.
· Takes action to meet performance standards, striving to meet and exceed expectations.
· Maintains commitment to goals, showing persistence in overcoming obstacles and frustrations.
· Displays a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done to improve performance.
· Exhibits an awareness of internal and external events that may cause a need for a new business approach, process or perspective.
· Supports better ways to do things.
· Displays flexibility and openness to changes and improvements in daily work routines.
· Demonstrates the drive to learn and acquire new skills and knowledge to support new processes, tools, business initiatives or changes.
External Customer Relationship Management
· Clear Communication – Engages in clear and concise exchange of information to educate external customers through understanding and anticipating their needs.
· Customer Focus – Builds external customer confidence through honest communication and effectively managing expectations. Responds to customers in a manner that generates satisfaction or exceeds expectations.
· Strategic Thinking – Strong understanding of market trends, competitive environment and healthcare industry.
Product Knowledge and Technical Expertise
· Product Knowledge – Has a comprehensive knowledge of IBC FOC and competitor products and services.
· Knowledge of internal operations – Demonstrates an understanding of IBC operations and an ability to work across the different functional areas.
·Industry and competitive knowledge – Has a thorough understanding of competitive environment, marketing strategies and healthcare environment.
Teamwork and Collaboration
· Teamwork – Works with management and non-management staff to facilitate working relationships and accountabilities which achieve unit goals.