The Medicare Sales Specialist Sr establishes and maintains producer, group, provider and customer relationships to drive increased sales of Medicare products. Partners with producers to support enrollment and educational activities and answers product related questions.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Develops sales strategies and tactics in partnership with producers to achieve enrollment targets.
- Maintains strong relationships with producers, tracks producer sales results and drives increased production using best practices and established sales plans.
- Partners with Medicare Sales Executives to effectively support producers and drive business results. Develops lead generation plans through field activities, events and referrals to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Completes monthly reviews and onsite visits with producers to discuss sales results, resolve issues and provide updates.
- Coordinates and assists on conference calls, webinars, on-site presentations and demonstrations with customers and producers identified in targeted marketing efforts. Conducts sales and product seminars for new business (in person or via web tools).
- Manages leads and referrals and utilizes CRM system to track activities.
- Coordinates and works closely with sales and marketing management in campaign development and prospecting.
- Trains new team members and colleagues on company specifics products and plan details.
- Prioritizes assignments and activities for key producer relationships and may act as primary contact for large scale producers.
- Oversee and delegate department work as needed and serves as a back-up for manager as needed.
- Serve as a member of various Medicare project teams and attend meetings as needed in place of manager.
- Serves as a spokesman for the team across all markets to identify and implement best practices on new producer development and 1:1 sales, as well as provide feedback to the product team.
- Serves as a back-up contact and advisor for our vendor operation call center.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, manage time, work under pressure, adapt to shifting workloads and schedules, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams to accomplish group objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Sales Force or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques and insurance laws and regulations, including CMS Medicare rules and practices. Knowledge of Medicare products required.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills, including ability to present complex materials to a broad array of audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and telephone skills.
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet search, Apple products and social networking services).
- Thorough knowledge of Medicare products and the ability to educate producers on advantages and drawbacks of different product combinations.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively develop, lead and motivate a team of representatives and producers.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new projects and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
Medicare Sales Specialist Sr would have an associate’s degree in Marketing or Business or related field and 5-7 years of experience in a competitive Medicare sales environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.