ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare’s mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Purpose: Oversees the day-to-day operations of territory development, neighborhood collaborations, prospective provider growth, provider assistance and retention efforts of specified health plan products. Works closely with Sales Management for staff development, promotion of brand images and ensure that deliverables are met according to establishment goals and standards. Works very closely with the Sales Representatives to develop/coach them in coordination of all the previously listed activities as well as always recruiting for top talent.
- Assist the Director in providing overall leadership and direction to various channels of product distribution, including telemarketing, direct mail, media advertising and direct consumer sales.
- Assists the Director in overseeing the development and management of specified health plan products sales training programs.
- Identify opportunities of collaboration in respective territory with Community Based Organizations, Small Businesses, Religious and Civic Organizations, etc. to build relationships highlighted the brand image.
- Coordinate with Sales Director and Sales Representatives the development of strategies that will enhance our enrollment opportunities with Community Based Organizations, Small Businesses, Religious and Civic Organizations.
- Coordinates efforts and works collaboratively with all applicable departments that support the product to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and member retention.
- Train, supervise, motivate, discipline and provide overall direction to ‘Sales Representatives on Core Competencies, Brand Images, industry updates and competitive relevancy.
Technical knowledge, experience and skill requirements:
- Candidate for Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP Certification preferred
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, sales management is preferred, and an MBA or equivalent, with an emphasis in marketing would be a distinct asset
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of previous sales/management experience for a major, well-regarded consumer product organization, particularly one which is focused on direct consumer sales activities.
- Demonstrated success in leading an effective, competitive sales management in a direct sales environment, with a demonstrated track record or achieving profitable growth.
- Experience in street marketing, physician marketing and working with the broker community