Provides clinical leadership and serves as an internal medical consultant to various divisions and committees to support the development, implementation and monitoring of medical management and quality improvement activities.Job Description:
- Develop and administer inter-reviewer reliability methodology to ensure medical necessity determinations are consistent with CMS published guidelines corporate medical review criteria, and medical policy guidelines.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply clinical metrics that produce actionable information in support of medical management and quality improvement initiatives.
- Direct and support physician review to ensure timeliness, accuracy and reliability of UM and Appeals reviews.
- Lead and serve on various committees in order to accomplish medical utilization, cost and quality objectives of BCBST.
- Willingness to travel within the State of Te