Medical Technologist - Evening Shift
New Hanover Regional Medical Center - Wilmington, NC
• may additionally procure specimens. Plays, and evaluates waived, reasonably complicated and fairly complicated laboratory analysis on blood and other body fluids.
• plays instrument renovation, calibration, and troubleshooting approaches.
• plays, evaluates and troubleshoots high-quality manipulate and proficiency testing processes.
• Investigates and resolves problems and uncommon conditions. Ensures affected person check effects aren't pronounced till all corrective moves had been taken and the check system is well functioning.
• makes use of scientific center and laboratory computer systems in performance of every day responsibilities.
• Participates in the training software both inside and outdoor the lab to ensure the very best degree of competency in the hooked up scope of affected person care.
• Participates inside the schooling and schooling of students from authorized programs and new employees.
• Participates inside the annual evaluations and documentation of talents of all checking out employees.
• Evaluates and implements new methodologies and methods as assigned by using manager.
• Participates within the implementation of and compliance with standards set with the aid of the medical center and regulatory/accrediting organizations.
• Interfaces with medical center employees, physicians, staff from other facilities relative to test outcomes and system data.
• keeps an good enough degree of reagents/resources to perform testing.
• offers help and direction to different personnel as wanted.
• Generates suitable and required documentation of trying out and aid procedures.
• Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communique, compassion) that guide affected person satisfaction and concepts of provider excellence.
• plays otherresponsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired.
- Licensure/Certifications: Based on assigned area. Will consider if certification eligible, but must be certified with 60 days of start date. Blood Bank: ** MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification agency required, BB (ASCP) or equivalent Microbiology/Immunology: ** MT (ASCP) or equivalent agency required, M (ASCP) or equivalent Core Lab: ** MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification agency required. Cape** Fear** : ** MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification agency required.
Note: Equivalent certification agencies may include NCA, military or state licensure if the employee is determined to meet the requirededucation and related experience requirements as set forth in CLIA 88.
- 1-year training in an accredited medical technology program or 3 years experience in a laboratory under the direction of a board certified pathologist.
Job Type: Full-time
- working under direction Pathologist: 1 year
- lab: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Cape Fear
- Core Lab
- Blood Bank