Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Medical Specialist, Dermatology (MS) will report to the District Manager, Dermatology and be responsible for engaging Dermatologists and other key customers within an assigned geographical universe, presenting clinically focused selling messages to create and grow revenue, and consistently delivering product goals. The MS will demonstrate strong and consistent sales performance that exceeds forecast and expectations related to product goals. The MS will accomplish this in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Regeneron policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical and biologic products in the US.
The MS is responsible for developing strategy and executing tactics within key accounts in the Dermatology therapeutic area to generate product utilization. The MS will develop strong working relationships with Dermatology experts and all additional Dermatologists in assigned geography as well as nurses, office staff and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed.
A core responsibility of the MS will be to collaborate with their regional colleagues, as well as other field-based and home office personnel teams to proactively address customer needs, market dynamics and trends and develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives within their assigned geography. The MS will participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or other advanced education/certifications a plus
• Specialty pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience with a minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical sales experience including a minimum of 2 years selling in the Dermatology market or a similar subcutaneous self-injectable biologic specialty market
• Demonstrate advanced clinically-based selling skills
• Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
• Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches
• Demonstrate a passion and learning aptitude for science and is proactive in strengthening knowledge related to disease-state, treatment options and healthcare trends
• Experience with in-servicing and training office staff, nurses and office managers
• Ability to partner and collaborate with other internal field teams and alliance partners
• Ability to travel and cover large geographic territories