Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 58 days ago
The Medical Specialist Cardiometabolic is responsible for engaging Cardiometabolic specialists and other key Cardiometabolic customers within geographical universe and presenting clinically focused selling message to create and grow revenue and to consistently deliver product goals. The CMS will demonstrate initiative, drive, and independence; takes ownership for meeting and exceeding individual business goals. This will be accomplished by managing performance and delivering results in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Regeneron policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical / biological products in the US. The CMS is responsible for developing strategy and executing tactics within key accounts in the Cardiometabolic therapeutic area to generate market share. The CMS will develop strong working relationships with Cardiometabolic experts and all additional Cardiometabolic specialists in assigned geography as well as nurses and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed. The CMS will work closely with collaboration partners, Reimbursement and Access Specialists and Clinical Nurse Educators as well as internal stakeholders as needed to proactively address customer needs, market dynamics and trends and develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives within their assigned geography. The CMS will participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
A core responsibility of all members of the Praluent field will be coordination and collaboration with all of the resources within the combined REGN / Sanofi field team. This includes each direct counterpart; CMS/CMS as well as collaboration with resource partners; Reimbursement and Access Specialists, Clinical Nurse Educators and Home Office personnel.
•Engage Cardiometabolic Experts and other key Cardiometabolic customers within assigned geographical universe and deliver clinically focused selling message to introduce launch Praluent, grow brand share and revenue and to consistently deliver product goals
• Partner with multiple collaboration stakeholders; Sanofi CMS counterpart, Reimbursement and Access Specialists and Clinical Nurse Educators to proactively address customer needs, market dynamics and trends and develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives in assigned territory
•Develops strong working relationships with customers, collaboration colleagues and Internal contacts - Clinics, physicians, nurses, additional important health care providers, key patient advocacy support groups, collaboration teammates, Reimbursement and Access Specialist team, Clinical Nurse Educators, Marketing, National Accounts, Training and Trade
•Consistently calls on assigned customers in assigned geography and deliver a clinically-based, selling message to personnel in assigned Cardiometabolic accounts in accordance with Regeneron policies
• Consistently perform all duties in a compliant manner
• Provide site level in-service training as required by account
• Consistently demonstrates emphasis on the “total account call” insuring that all personnel in the account involved with Cardiometabolic are educated on commercially available Regeneron products
•Demonstrate initiative and drive
• Develop strategy and execute tactics within key accounts in the Cardiometabolic therapeutic area to establish, generate and expand market share
• Develop strong working relationships with local Cardiometabolic experts in assigned geography, nurses, other identified important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups
• Participate and corroboratively lead initiatives to support sales success
• Consistently works to improve disease state/product clinical knowledge and clinically-based selling skills via on-going training and POA meetings.
•Successfully completes all training requirements and proactively seeks to strengthen on-going scientific knowledge regarding disease-state, competitive products and healthcare trends
• Plans, organizes, and sponsors local promotional speakers programs and activities
• Plans, organizes, and leads unbranded patient / caregiver programs
• Effectively executes short and long term strategic plans
• Consistently demonstrate professionalism by completing all administrative tasks in a neat and timely manner and follow-up on prioritized initiatives that drive business in both the short and long term.
• Maximize budget allocated to the geographical territory assigned to support execution of strategies and tactics developed to generate and grow the business
• Travels in the field meeting with targets within assigned territory up to 50% weekly not including regional and national meetings
A core responsibility of all members of the Praluent field force will be coordination and collaboration with all of the resources within the combined REGN / Sanofi field team. This includes each direct counterpart; CMS/CMS as well as collaboration with resource partners; Reimbursement and Access Specialists, Clinical Nurse Educators and Home Office personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree mandatory
•Master’s degree or additional advanced education/certifications a plus
•Some science / clinical experience preferred
• Specialty pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience with a minimum of 5 years selling in similar subcutaneous self-injectable biologic specialty market such as Immunology, Inflammation, MS or Nephrology required
• Demonstrated advanced clinically-based selling skills
• Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
• Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches
• Strong account management experience with analytical, problem-solving and planning skills
• Demonstrate a passion and learning aptitude for science and is proactive in strengthening knowledge related to disease-state, treatment options and healthcare trends
• Demonstrated ability to perform essential duties with minimal supervision
• Proven track record in conducting compliant and effective promotional education programs
• Experience with in-servicing and training office staff, nurses and office managers
• Demonstrate strong patient / customer focus
• Experience developing and sustaining relationships with clinical experts
• Able to adapt to changing priorities / market dynamics
• Able to function effectively in an evolving organization without all of the traditional infrastructures
• Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
• Strong disease-state/product knowledge and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and execute tactics appropriately with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
• Demonstrated high initiative and follow-up
• Ability to operate as a “team player” in cooperation with collaboration partners and internal colleagues to reach common goals
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to travel and cover large geography territories
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.