Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The MSL Manager will lead and manage the Hematology Oncology and Oncology teams of MSLs and also be responsible for the delivery of medical affairs projects and activities within his/her as assigned.
This is a field-based non-promotional role, reporting to the Senior Medical Director. The MSL Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of MSL activities, aligned to the country medical strategy and delivered in accordance with individual team member’s goals and objectives. The MSL Manager will manage, coach and develop the team of MSLs to ensure high quality scientific exchange and collaboration with opinion leaders and key customers.
The MSL manager will ensure close collaboration with the therapeutic area Medical Directors and other cross-functional partners and that all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP, local regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Leadership of the MSL team
- Lead, develop and build a high performing MSL team
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports
- Set SMART objectives and track, measure and report progress of MSL plans and budgets aligned with therapeutic area medical plans
- Ensure systems, processes and ways of working are in place to facilitate:
- Expert scientific knowledge of all MSL team members
- Effective on boarding and training of new team members
- Development of collaborative medical affairs projects/partnerships with opinion leaders, e.g. data generation activities including Investigator Sponsored Trials and scientific publications
- Effective Key Account Planning with cross functional partners
- Effective development, planning and utilization of Opinion Leaders
- Appropriate positioning of Jazz Pharmaceutical medicines in medical guidelines
- High standards with regards to pharmacovigilance reporting, compliance and SOPs
- Delivery of medical information to internal and external customers on request and in a timely manner
- Role model and exemplify Jazz Cultural values
Delivery of Medical Affairs projects
- Manage MSL teams to ensure delivery of Medical plan MSL projects and activities
- Develop collaborative relationships with Opinion Leaders
- Identify opportunities and help to facilitate collaborative medical affairs projects/partnerships with opinion leaders, e.g. data generation activities including Investigator Sponsored Trials and scientific publications
- Provide insights and input into the development and execution of the therapeutic area Medical Plans
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to maintain expert knowledge
- MSL performance reviews / objectives setting
- Double field visits with MSL team members
- Monthly reports covering performance (time spent on different activities, MSL metrics), key insights, key issues, key projects and activities
- Reports generated following specific activities, such as advisory boards, round tables, conference attendance, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry Medical Affairs experience, with at least 2 years of experience of managing MSL teams a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated experience in training and coaching teams to performance goals
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrable ability to influence at all levels of the organisation as well as with external customers
- Experience in Hematology-Oncology, Oncology and/or rare diseases preferred
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Experience of launching new products and medical affairs launch readiness activities
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to produce timely business management reports, budget tracking and audit data
- Willingness to travel frequently
- English-French bilingualism an asset
Required Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree in life sciences or equivalent clinical degree