· Communicate the value proposition (clinical efficacy, safety and Health, Economic, Outcomes, and Results- HEOR) of Alkermes’ commercialized product/portfolio, upon request to healthcare providers (HCPs) and decision makers in health care systems (HCSs), with a predominant payer focus, including managed care organizations, employer groups, government and institutional payers, hospitals, integrated delivery networks, pharmacy benefit managers, accountable care organizations, long-term care and rehabilitation centers, and group purchasing organizations.
· Engage with decision makers within HCSs for scientific collaboration on and communication of HEOR studies.
· Effectively utilize approved field resources to support dissemination of the value proposition for Alkermes’ products.
· Partner as appropriate with National Accounts and Therapeutic MSL teams to ensure that HCPs and decision makers in HCSs have a clear understanding of the clinical efficacy and safety, and HEOR data related to Alkermes’ products; and ensure that decision makers are educated on the economic, humanistic, clinical, and societal value of Alkermes’ products.
· Establish and maintain scientific/professional relationships with HCS decision makers, external thought leaders and payer influencers by answering unsolicited requests for information, providing disease state, health economics and outcomes research information; and presenting research studies and communication tools developed by the HEOR group.
· Provide monthly field activity insights to National Director-- MM-MSLs for internal dissemination. Communicating scientific, clinical, health economics and patient reported outcomes research objectives identified by health care decision makers to appropriate internal colleagues.
· Collaborate with HEOR and Medical Affairs on research initiatives/projects related to comparative effectiveness, retrospective administrative database studies, and patient registry and chart-review studies; large scale observational/naturalistic trials, value-based benefit design, population health, epidemiology and economics studies, disease management and education programs, and development of customer-centric tools.
· Collaborate with the Therapeutic MSL colleagues to address the mutual scientific, clinical, therapeutic, and product informational needs of health care decision makers and HCPs.
· Assist in the training of new hires regarding the role of MM-MSDs. Assist in the training and on-boarding new MM-MSLs with regards to approved field tools.
· Build and cultivate direct relationships with identified opinion leaders and payer influencers in practice and/or academia to discuss therapeutic areas important to Alkermes.
· Provide input to HEOR and Medical Affairs strategic plan for Alkermes’ products in the commercialized or peri-commericalized stages.
· Attend relevant scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of continuing education, presenting HEOR data when appropriate and scientific exchange with healthcare decision makers.
· Assist in delivering internal training programs to therapeutic MSLs, Account Managers, and other Alkermes colleagues as needed and within the boundaries of the company’s healthcare compliance policies.
· Attend internal team, department and cross-functional planning meetings, as appropriate.
· Adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines and timely completion of compliance training.
· 5-7 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry field experience in disseminating value based propositions with a thorough understanding of health economics and outcomes research, medical or scientific affairs, clinical practice, and managed care organizations. CNS therapeutic area experiencedesired, specifically in substance abuse, schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, or other areas of behavioral health
· Relevant clinical degree, including but not limited to, doctoral degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Health Services Research or Public Health, (i.e., PharmD. RPh., M.D., RN, Ph.D., D.Ph.) or a Bachelor’s degree in these disciplines with a relevant Master’s degree or Fellowship in Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
· Demonstrated understanding of health economics and outcomes research principles, disease management principles and tools and real-world evidence generation methodologies
· Strong understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of the pharmaceutical industry.
· Significant working knowledge of a pharmaceutical company’s organization and processes, especially those of account management, medical science directors, marketing and managed market/payer functions.
· Proven track record of teamwork, collaboration and partnership with the ability to work well independently with limited supervision as needed.
· Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel (approximately 75-80%) within the territory, to disseminate value proposition to health care decision makers, attend conferences and to key internal regional and national meetings.
· Flexible to changing priorities and detail oriented.