As the incumbent, you will cover Michigan with the primary cities being Detroit and Grand Rapids.
You will need a Pharm.D or MD or Ph.D degree with a medical or clinical focus. You will be expected to have a minimum of two (2) years of clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
We expect that you will have:
• Knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting.
• Interpersonal skills in both one-on- one and group settings
• Demonstrated computer literacy and willingness to utilize a variety of software applications
• It is desirable that you would have completed a Residency of Post-Doctoral training in a clinical or pharmaceutical practice setting;
• Clinical experience in situations where direct/or indirect decision making authority for patient care was demonstrated (e.g. direct patient care, treatment protocol development, drug therapy guidelines development, traditional clinical pharmacy practice settings)
• Prior Medical Science Liaison experience
• Prior Respiratory or Immunology experience
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role exists to provide non-promotional, medical support that helps to ensure the safe and effective use of GSK’s medicines, through effective scientific interactions with external stakeholders, to provide support to clinical development colleagues with investigators conducting GSK clinical trials, and to provide scientific support for GSK internal stakeholders.
As a Medical Science Liaison you are expected to interface and provide value across a continuum of both Internal and External Stakeholders. Internal Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing)
• Work with medical colleagues to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography.
• Gather medical voice of the customer and construct and implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical Affairs teams.
• Provide documentation for all interactions with HCPs according to applicable policies.
• Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
• Attend and contribute (if required) to the medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions.
• Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK.
• Support clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance.
• External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare professionals within assigned geography/therapy area, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies, advocacy groups, and formulary decision makers)
• Conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts
• Gather medical voice of customer and secure advice that informs and assists GSK in the development of medicines of value, for the ultimate benefit of patients.
• Conduct individual discussions and meetings with GSK-contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants, etc. on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK).
• Respond orally or by providing appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or Medical and adhering to all policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical information
• Provide information in response to standing requests from external stakeholders (e.g. HCPs, formulary decision makers), when appropriate information becomes available.
• Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request.
• Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs staff for funding consideration.
• Participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards as requested and in accordance with the applicable policies.
• Deliver affirmative presentations to HCPs and formulary decision makers within the scope allowed by the MSL Practice Policy.
Requisition ID: WD139208