Our Medical Science Liaison's responsibilities includes:
- To be a credible source of evidence based information that demonstrates the value of Otsuka products from the clinical, economic and humanistic standpoint and works in partnership with providers, payers and other key stakeholders to apply practical real-world solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- Insights: collect and submit field medical insights that drive decision making and prioritization of evidence generation efforts and healthcare solutions
- Solutions: identify opportunities for solutions within territory that improve patient outcomes; deploy and apply solutions through direct customer interactions
- Healthcare Systems & Trends: maintain a comprehensive knowledge of territory, the interconnectivity of the key decision makers within and the challenges faced in providing and delivering optimal patient care
- Economic Value: communicate and deliver pharmacoeconomic data (including quality, cost and patient outcomes) that address payer and provider needs and priorities; including implementing practice decision support and care management tools that positively impact the delivery of patient care
- Compliance: conduct all interactions with healthcare professionals, payers and other stakeholders in accordance with all applicable Otsuka policies and procedures
- Experience in the Nephrology therapeutic area
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Health Services Research or Public Health, (Pharm.D., M.D., Ph.D. or D.Ph.) is required
- Must have an understanding of the interconnectivity of health systems, overall delivery of patient care and how to solution with the overall goal of improved patient outcomes
- Must be an expert on current literature, therapeutic issues, process of care and the competitive landscape related to therapeutic area
- Willingness to travel (60-80% travel time) within assigned territory
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.