MSL Leadership & Development:
- Recruitment and retention of key talent for MacroGenics.
- Builds an organization reflecting a diverse and inclusive workforce through identification of team capability gaps and independent strengths.
- Establishes a productive work environment by creating trust and respect within the group and establishes self as a trusted leader.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and guidance that is consistent and timely to MSLs regarding their individual performance and progress, including annual performance reviews, growth and succession planning, and real time field reports based upon regular field travel combined with data analysis.
- Ultimate responsibility for scientific knowledge of self/team and oversight of MSL territory plans.
- Maintains clinical knowledge of designated therapeutic area and broad market knowledge of the region, including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, new therapeutic developments, payor dynamics, and other market issues/trends.
National Execution of Field-Medical Strategy:
- Maintain deep understanding of therapeutic strategy and interpretation of analytics to inform and maximize MSL Core Capabilities.
- Accountable for the direction and execution of MSL’s regional goals/objectives and territory plans.
- Evaluate appropriate tools and analytics to ensure optimal scientific exchange through investigator engagement and excellence in collaboration and coordination with clinical operations within the geographic region.
- Maximizes In-Field Team Effectiveness.
- Ensure that MSL team members maintain adequate communications and interaction with the field sales organization, when appropriate and according to compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure cross-functional ways of working with field-medical partners in Medical Strategy and Medical Information.
- Assists leadership with business/clinical strategy and tactical plan development, tactical plan implementation, impact goal achievement, and quantification of results at the field level.
- Accountable for and have decision-making responsibility for deploying regional resources to support franchise and business initiatives and ensure attainment of medical objectives.
Team Development and Field Execution:
- Ensures MSLs have the necessary tools, training, and materials to perform effectively.
- Ensures MSLs complete training in a timely manner.
- Responsible for identifying and partnering on potential projects that would enhance organizational impact and/or lead to successful execution of therapeutic Medical Objectives.
Ensure Internal Feed-back Loop:
- Translation of Field-Medical execution and initiatives to enhance cross functional collaboration with aligned stakeholders.
Responsible for team compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures:
- Ensures MSL team members update and maintain all required databases with current and complete information.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of KEE Customer interactions and responses to unsolicited requests.
- Ensures team member adherence to regulatory and compliance guidelines in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information.
- Manages activities within assigned budget.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Advanced degree preferred in a relevant scientific discipline. Doctorate strongly preferred in a health science or clinical discipline. Significant Oncology industry experience in relevant therapeutic area (breast) is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and five years’ experience with demonstrated leadership success in the following areas: pharmaceutical field-based experience and/or pharmaceutical industry related experience in Oncology
- Oncology product launch experience
- Flexibility in adapting/reacting to changing market dynamics and competitive challenges. Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to be flexible within the work environment. High sense of urgency and commitment to excellence in the successful achievement of objectives.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- Teamwork is a mandatory requirement as it involves internal/external networking in the district, region, franchise and across departments. Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and administrative skills. Advanced communication skills both oral, written and presentation. Excellent problem solving and analytic capability in concert with strong negotiation skills. Competent to use standard computer technologies including integrated business software (word processing, spreadsheet) and other common applications.
- Demonstrated exceptional business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Must be able to identify and analyze the needs of the business and translate problems into business opportunities.
- Knowledge of personnel management including recruitment, hiring, progressive discipline process, coaching and motivation.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Must have excellent leadership, management and communication skills, a confident self-starter able to lead the development of field strategy and execute/manage the execution of tactical plans.
- As an external representative of MacroGenics must always act in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates.
- Must display superior organizational management and problem-solving skills.
- Must feel comfortable managing multiple projects, therapeutic areas, and external/internal relationships.
- The employee will be required to have extensive overnight travel (>70%)