Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
The Medical Science Liaison develops and maintains professional relationships with external healthcare practitioners to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support for Insmed assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Insmed. Works closely with Insmed personnel to ensure scientific information exchange, education, and alignment of Insmed and research needs of healthcare professionals. Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters. Accountable for the accurate and timely documentation of all activities.
This position will be based out of a location in or around Northern California
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Medical Science Liaison, prefer other Pharmaceutical experience – Medical Information, Medical Strategy, Clinical management/trialexperience and 2 years clinical or research experience (non-pharma)
- An advanced degree in the life sciences field (PharmD, PhD, RN, MD and NP/PA) or relevant field medical experience
- An excellent command of the English language. Effective presentation skills and advanced proficiency in interpersonal skills (listening, probing, persuasiveness, negotiation) are essential for engaging successfully and productively with HCPs, external customers, field colleagues, and internal stakeholders.
- Skilled in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Knowledge of the PhRMA code of conduct, the Sunshine Act, HIPAA regulations, Promotional Regulations, and all laws and regulations that are applicable to the role
- Uncompromising ethical standard and conduct
- Able to quickly understand and dialogue on subjects that are at the interface between medicine and policy which are relevant to Insmed’s areas of interest (disease condition, patient reported outcomes, competitive pipelines and lifecycle plans, medical and pharmacy benefits, quality programs, etc.)
- Committed to self-improvement
- Excels at building relationships, networking with others and working cross-functionally.
- Health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, population-based health management experiencedesired. Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the US Healthcare system and healthcare policy
- Position requires up to 80% travel, some of which will be overnight in nature