The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) plays an important role in Medical Affairs at Bausch + Lomb / Bausch Health, being part of a small and exclusive field-based team of medical science experts who interact with regional and national key opinion leaders (KOLs) and local customers. The MSL has significant responsibility and is expected to provide in-depth scientific, clinical and educational support to external customers as well as to internal clinical, sales and marketing teams. In addition, the MSL provides scientific insights back to Medical Affairs management.
Preferred MSL candidates will have a solid understanding of the roles and responsibilities of US medical science liaisons, and some understanding of eye health. The MSL must be well-equipped to develop new relationships with customers across assigned geographies. The preferred location for this role is Texas.
- Build and maintain solid and credible relationships with the medical community on Bausch Health's behalf.
- Provide KOL insights and observations to the medical affairs organization on a timely basis.
- Help to ensure that KOL speakers are trained and have access to Bausch Health data and approved content.
- Participate in coordinating and conducting peer-to-peer interactions and medical presentations.
- Be well versed in the current therapeutic areas in which Bausch Health specializes.
- Where possible, develop relationships with local thought leaders (physicians, pharmacists and nurses) whose opinions and treatment regimens influence the practice of their colleagues.
- Identify unsolicited requests for investigator-initiated research.
- Where appropriate, provide overall medical / scientific support through the dissemination of on-label educational, scientific, and clinical information on diseases and treatments.
- Where appropriate, respond to unsolicited off-label requests for information
- Relay Medical Information requests through appropriate channels.
- When appropriate, represent Bausch Health at continuing educational events / programs, medical meetings and conventions.
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures related to MSLs, including the following Bausch Health policies listed below:
- S. Policy on Medical Science Liaisons
- S. Policy on Professional Information Requests
- S. Policy on Use of Off-Label Reprints
- S. Policy on Product Promotion
- S. Policy on Clinical Trials
- S. Policy on Fee-For-Service Arrangements with U.S. Healthcare Professionals or Related Institutions and Organizations
- O.P. on the Submission, Approval and Administration of Fee-For-Service Arrangements
Requirements for Position
- Minimum of a doctorate level degree (e.g. PhD, PharmD, OD, or MD).
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Medical Science Liaison is preferred.
- Established relationships with regional KOLs or key customers (e.g. universities, managed care, government) highly desired.
- Compliant with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, possessing the initiative required to achieve desired goals both independently and within a team structure.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to MSLs.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Strong administrative management skills.
- Team-oriented with the ability work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated understanding of product and technical knowledge in eye care or other medical areas.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.