$80K — $100K *
At DermTech, we believe there’s a better way to treat your skin, and we’re using technology, innovation, and data to fundamentally change the way the world practices dermatology. We have developed technology that assesses your skin at the RNA and DNA level, so we can see signs of skin cancer far earlier, treat diseases more precisely, and customize care plans to your skin’s unique molecular makeup. We call this practice “precision dermatology” and we believe it truly is a new era in skin health. A method that is not just better, but different. One centered around our patented smart sticker, which collects tissue from your skin’s surface easily, accurately, and painlessly, and our state-of-the-art Gene Lab, which analyzes that tissue at the genomic level using state-of-the-art instruments and a proprietary gene analysis system. By pushing the boundaries of areas like cancer detection, and patient care, we truly believe our technology can change the world. And we’re seeking team members with the vision, passion, and creativity to do the same.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a professional who serves as a key field-based scientific partner to clinicians and patients as a part of Medical Affairs team in the field. The MSL will ensure access to current medical and scientific information on company products.
The MSL will develop and maintain internal and external relationships in assigned geographic areas, maintain a high level of customer service, and demonstrate accountability for their part in the corporate growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains in-depth scientific knowledge in areas of medical dermatology (especially Melanoma).
• Address daily clinical support questions from health care professionals for all products.
• Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings. Support field-based cross-functional teams to provide medical expertise in access engagements as needed.
• Reviews and critiques scientific publications to help inform healthcare trends in Dermatology.
• Engage clients in DermTech-centered clinical and technical conversation at scheduled meetings, on phone calls, over WebEx, or via email communication, and field case-specific questions from clients, serving in a clinical support capacity.
• Collects, analyzes, and communicates information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, and emerging standards of care.
• Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs through peer to peer scientific exchange.
•Advanced Scientific Degree (MD/DO, PharmD, PhD, PA, NP) required
• Dermatology experience preferred.
• Medical Science Liaison 2-3+ years of experience strongly preferred.
• Basic knowledge with clinical medicine and genomics.
• Strong-track record of fostering relationships and demonstrated ability to identify national, regional, and local KOLs in Dermatology.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of health economic principles and clinical trials.
• Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings.
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative approach to problems solving and able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Strong time management, and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
• Valid US Driver’s License and with no more than 3 moving violations in the past 2 years
• Must reside within the assigned territory
• Must complete initial training and successfully pass all assessments within 90 days of hire
Extensive travel (up to 75%) required, including overnights and some weekends.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
DermTech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at DermTech via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of DermTech. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DermTech as a result of the referral or through other means.
Valid through: 4/30/2021
$140K — $180K + $15K bonus