The Medical Science Liaison Clinical Educator (MSLC) is a field-based therapeutic position requiring a strong clinical experience. The primary role of the MSCE is to support the educational/training needs of HCPs whether they are new or long term customers.
The MSLC will deliver cutting edge clinical and scientific data and technical/practical education to practicing clinicians, key thought leaders, and other Health Care Practitioners within the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic space.
Support the educational and training needs of HCPs including providing additional education in response to unsolicited requests; providing surgical support, providing account education, facilitating development and implementation of individual institution needs/protocol, and appropriate scientific exchange.
Support collection of data, this may include: Pacira RCT (Randomized Control Trial) site education and responsibilities in collaboration with Pacira clinical research department; identify customer needs in development, implementation and assessment of data collection projects.
Develop and maintain a high level of scientific expertise in the pain pathway /multimodal treatment of pain and/or anesthesia area.
Successfully complete required therapeutic training and demonstrate competency in communicating information in support of the pain and/or anesthesia area; retain and relay information from key publications.
Lead, develop, and implement local/regional programs to promote disease state and product awareness and education.
Identify and develop relationships with current and prospective key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent health care providers as they relate to both Pacira’s marketed and pipeline products. KOL management to be completed by MSL.
Serve as key clinical/scientific resource to these institutional accounts and their respective healthcare stakeholders.
Accurately respond to complex medical questions from institutional-based health care providers in accordance with approved company guidance for MSLs and all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards using approved content.
Identify, collect, and communicate insights related to competitor medical information and physician practice trends.
Document interactions and activities in appropriate databases, retaining and submitting required expenses and meeting defined qualitative and quantitative objectives.
Position requires extensive travel (up to 80%) as well as weekend work throughout the year
The qualified individual will possess:
· Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D. in a medically related field) from accredited college or university. Will consider Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (RN, RPh, PA, NP, etc.) and 5 additional years of clinical experience.
· Minimum 2 years healthcare experience
· Minimum 1 year MSL experience
Minimum 2 years of experience in the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic area is preferred
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong business skills/acumen
· Proven ability to manage multiple project, set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to present to groups of varying sizes.
· Proven track record of success in establishing relationships with KOLs
· Demonstrated ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments and effectively communicate that information.
· Ability to travel swiftly and frequently (50-80% travel) with overnight stays. Close proximity to airport- preferred under 1 hour or 50 miles.
· Clearly communicate an understanding of both the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries; understanding of clinical trialdesign and working knowledge of GCP guidelines, particularly concerning Investigator Sponsored Research