Kansas City, KS
Less than 5 years
Posted 44 days ago
Job DescriptionNovartis is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) for our Cardiovascular Team. As a MSL, you will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts in the Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area.
This position will cover Greater Kansas City Metroplex. Preferred location is Kansas City, KS.
• The MSL will ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
• The MSL will implement medical strategies in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues for designated customers that include potential clinical trial site identification and support as well as review of investigator-initiated research protocols.
• The MSL will work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources and will provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
• Comply with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution (e.g., hospital) which is part of the MSL call plan, including, among other things, routine background checks, medical testing (i.e., Tuberculosis test) or proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPPA agreements.
• The position requires approximately 50% travel.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experience required. (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or equivalent, in the pharmaceutical industry (preferred) or other healthcare environment to provide strategic and scientific/medical direction to national/regional business unit functions.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required.
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Corporate Customers, Regional Business Units, Marketing, Sales, New Product Commercialization, Medical Affairs, Research, and Business Analysis.
• Ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
• Must be science oriented and be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• A valid US Driver’s License and a good driving record are required.
• Selected candidate must reside within the specified geography.