Medical Science Liaison, Biosimilar-Southwest - 18000751 For Us, It's A Mission At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you. Make a DifferenceAt Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- Engage in meaningful proactive and reactive peer-to-peer discussions with healthcare professionals regarding our biosimilars portfolio and the respective disease state via scientific exchange.
- Develop strong relationships with emerging healthcare professionals, Key Opinion Leaders and key academic institutions and researchers.
- Provide information on new research directions, ideas, practices in patient care and identify unmet medical needs.
- Act as a liaison between National and Regional Thought Leaders and Mylan to extend the Medical Affairs brand strategy.
- Interact with Healthcare Professionals to develop educational materials (e.g. disease monographs, publications, slides) for educational purposes at academic centers or community-based programs.
- Support field operations through presentations of scientific exchange to targeted audiences including managed care organizations.
- Coordinate projects with Regional Directors, National Account Managers, District Managers to provide leadership and strategies to develop advocates for Mylan and access issues impacting the industry.
- Actively participate in Speaker Training, Advisory Boards, Round Table discussions, National and Regional Medical Conferences and internal committee meetings, as needed.
- Maintain a current knowledge of published literature in the respective therapeutic are of specialization as well as attend meetings and congresses sponsored by the influential leaders of the respective therapeutic area for educational purposes.
- Review, evaluate, and channel information to the appropriate Mylan Specialty, L.P. personnel and provide timely responses to requests regarding product or disease information assuring that all activities and reporting methodologies are compliant with Company and Regional policies
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Doctorate degree or equivalent; PharmD, MD, PhD preferred
- 2 or more years of Medical Science Liaison with Biosimilars Experience oncology/immunology preferred
- Must have a proven track record of success, especially in the area of establishing relationships with opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest to Mylan.
- Must possess knowledge of the Medical Science Liaison roles and responsibilities and understand compliance within the Standards for Interactions with U.S. Healthcare Providers, Federal and State promotional laws and regulations, the PhRMA Code, ACCME Standards, and the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Expected to travel 75% of time and work from a home office setting.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.