Array BioPharma is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Boulder Colorado, with additional sites in North Carolina and Massachusetts that focus on the discovery, development and commercialization of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. We are building a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company and preparing for the approval and launch of binimetinib and encorafenib for the treatment of patients with melanoma.
The MSL will play an integral role in the successful launch of binimetinib in BRAF mutated melanoma and other potential indications. This is a unique opportunity to launch two novel oncology drugs and to help build out the Field Medical Team at Array.
The field based Medical Science Liaison (MSL/Sr. MSL) role is an expert in the field and will focus on supporting launch activities, marketed products & pipeline agents as they enter clinical development. The MSL is responsible for developing partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in medicine, supporting the development of Array BioPharma compounds, and disseminating clinical information about Array’s products to healthcare professionals and organizations.
- Establish and maintain scientifically credible peer-to-peer scientific relationships with national, regional, and local opinion leaders in addition to other healthcare providers
- Facilitate strategic partnerships with scientific/clinical experts and serve as point of contact with organizations including but not limited to –
- Guideline development (ASCO, AUA, NCCN)
- Cooperative groups (SWOG, ECOG, Alliance, NRG Oncology)
- Serve as a resource of clinical and scientific information for internal stakeholders
- Provide impactful feedback/information to internal stakeholders on emerging clinical and scientific trends
- Assist in the development and execution of clinically relevant regional medical meetings (eg, advisory boards, consultant, and investigator meetings)
- Communicate with the other members of the team about ongoing activities.
- Supports Clinical Development/Operation teams in identifying strategies/tactics for successful study execution
- Serve as a liaison for the submission and review of Investigator Sponsored Trial proposals (ISTs)
- May work cross-functionality to provide balanced and accurate information to top regional formulary decision makers and P&T committee members in conjunction with the market access team.
- Assist in training and/or Mentor new MSL team members
- Promotes collaboration and cooperation within the team and cross-functionally
- Demonstrate strategic planning and prioritization of work activities beyond defined geography
- Ensure that all activities, interactions and communications are compliant with the policies and SOPs of Array Biopharma, and adheres to OIG, ACCME, and PhRMA guidelines/policies
Skills & Requirements
- PharmD, PhD,NP/PA, MD preferred. Advanced degree Nurses, NPs, PAs, or those with a Master’s degree in life sciences with commensurate pharmaceutical industry and clinical research experience will also be considered
- 5+ years of related experience in the MSL role
- Oncology/Hematology therapeutic area required
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry experience preferred (Level determined by experience)
- Experience with melanoma and GI oncology expertise preferred
- Drug launch support experience preferred
- Experience working with managed care organizations and understanding of health economics preferred