We are now recruiting for a Medical Outreach Program Manager – Outstanding Professional Employment Opportunity with a Robust Compensation and Benefits Package The Medical Outreach Program Manager leads a team of Veterinarian professionals who establish, grow, and maintain programs and business relationships with Universities, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) VMAs, and Veterinary Professional Specialty Organizations to promote best medical practices and inform the industry about IDEXX products and services.
Establishes, promotes, and sustains relationships with VMAs and Veterinary Professional Specialty Organizations, universities, key opinion leaders (KOLs) andoversees CAG Medical Organization (CMO) education efforts to include medical content of conference strategies, client and student education. Develops, plans, coordinates and implements successful communications and conference strategies that provide IDEXX the opportunity to reach, establish, build, promote and sustain trust, good will and strategic relationships with relevant and key stakeholders including KOLs, universities, VMAs and Veterinary Professional Specialty Organizations, that are important to IDEXX success. Promotes openness and responsiveness to increase all stakeholders’ confidence in the company as well as integrate IDEXX products into educational efforts of teaching universities and continuing education conferences. Key Liaison with IDEXX CAG Events and Conference team. Works closely with the CAG-Conference and Event Planning organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and promotes relationships with VMAs, universities, and KOLs, oversees educational efforts to include medical content of conference strategies, client and student education.
- University: Integrates IDEXX products into educational efforts of teaching universities, builds relationships for product discovery and KOL involvement.
- Conference strategy: Partners with IDEXX IDA to guide the medical content for conferences to best promote and create awareness of the IDEXX strategy of products and services.
- VMA and Veterinary Professional Specialty Organizations: Provides medical input with a commercial diagnostic perspective.
- KOLS: Leverages IDEXX relationships with KOLs while leaning the process of communication, utilization, and management of the relationships.
- Education: Develops strategy, creates medical content, and provides delivery to leverage education while promoting IDEXX products and their medical utility.
- Manages program and event coordination (programs with universities and programs with conferences).
- Coordinates with the commercial team any information concerning these programs on websites (IDEXX.com, VetConnect Plus), mass mailings and other avenues of market communication.
- Manages/oversees medical team conference; reviews presentation content, schedule, and travel of medical teams participating in programs and conferences.
- Communicates plans, messages, tools, brochures, training materials, and records.
- Monitors budget information and reports on financial issues.
- Collects data and information for strategic use.
- Attends and participates in trade shows and other venues.
- Organizes, attends, and/or participates in special events and promotions advocating IDEXX.
- Develops, plans, coordinates and implements the outreach program elements.
- Develops and implements all outreach and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies to promote IDEXX. This can be done through a combination of personal contacts, brochures, mass mailings, public presentations, special events, the Internet, etc.
- Conducts informational presentations on behalf of the organization.
- Serves as IDEXX spokesperson at meetings, special and media events.
- Acts as liaison with universities, VMA (AVMA, AAHA).
- Provides accurate information about the company to ensure information is available to a variety of organizations.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with VMAs, universities, and other organizations.
- Develop and implement an annual outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
- Supervise the efforts of lower level staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- DVM or equivalent doctoral degree in veterinary medicine from an AVMA-accredited institution Required.
- Previous experience working in the veterinary field is desirable.
- Typically 7+ years' Supervisory/Managerial experience, with in-depth experience in the areas managed. Proven leadership skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to build and maintain good relations with partners and stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with the commercial aspects of Veterinary medicine, for example working in a commercial organization
- Experience in and knowledge of the veterinary field
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of IDEXX products and services
- Management experience.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups; ability to interact with and facilitate discussions with technical and supervisory personal, lab and senior management. A change agent – able to enlist others in an effective change initiative.
- Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
- Industry knowledge, statistical and technological skills, and the ability to communicate results clearly and efficiently to a varied audience are required.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Applications; desktop publishing, database and spreadsheet software a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing principles to develop and implement strategies to promote IDEXX is critical.
- Integrity, authenticity, respect and confidentiality; a strong, ethical professional reputation.
- Travel up to 50-75%
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Normal Office Environment (corporate and/or virtual)