Summary of Major Responsibilities
The CET (Commercial Effectiveness Team) Specialist serves as the frontline clinical subject matter expert in the provision of clinical and medical information to the Commercial Effectiveness team. This role is responsible for providing training of clinical and medical information to CET trainers who are responsible for training inside and outside sales representatives and sales management. The management of medical information is a core function of the Medical Affairs department with strong cross-functional alignment. This role reports to the Sr Manager of Medical Information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the frontline clinical subject matter expert in the engagement of the Commercial Effectiveness team.
- Utilizes appropriate information resources to provide timely, accurate, thorough and balanced information to build and update medical information in sales training materials in accordance with internal policies and regulatory guidelines (PhRMA, AdvaMed).
- Collaborates with the Medical Affairs Medical Writer & Content Manager in the development and updating of clinical information in training materials for the sales force.
- Collaborates with the Lab Liaison Specialist to ensure that all clinical information and product information is harmonized and consistent.
- Assists with and contributes to other scientific communications and Medical Affairs activities.
- Interacts with Field and Inside Sales Managers and Professional Medical Representatives to receive on-going feedback regarding the knowledge and competency requirements for the sales force.
- Prepares content and delivers education and training events through webinars and telephonic conferences (e.g., Study Hall events).
- Establishes and maintains SOPs and processes to support SFE training events and clinically related materials.
- Maintains knowledge base of current medical evidence.
- Assists in the maintenance of key resource documents for the Medical Affairs team, including but not limited to, Dossiers, databases, endnote libraries.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload and employ efficient time management strategies when performing medical information activities.
- Conducts business in accordance with Exact Sciences’ values.
- Completes all assigned trainings and professional development requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in related field of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-driven and highly motivated; committed to achieving goals and passionate about furthering the Exact Sciences mission.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on producing high quality work.
- Superior customer service skills; proven track record of fostering relationships, establishing partnerships and collaborating on projects with stakeholders across multiple segments.
- Ability to interface and work effectively across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated competence using information technology, MS WORD, MS PPT, MS EXCEL, PCs and databases.
- Superior interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven track record with high level prioritization skills, multi-tasking and project management.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, pathophysiology, statistics.
- Preferred: GI experience; previous education and training experience; knowledge of US regulatory standards related to communication and dissemination of medical information.
- BSN or BS/MS in life sciences.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use computers and telephone daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours a day.
- Constant walking or motion to communicate work and interact with co-workers.
- Travel requirements are infrequent <10%; position located in Madison, WI
Req No. 2019-3388