$250K — $500K+*
· Works with the Chief Physician Executive, President Centra Medical Group and Centra Health Chief Medical Officer as well as other Vice Presidents and Managing Directors to lead and manage teams through significant strategic and organizational change, and support allocation of shared services for service lines.
· Provides visionary leadership and management of the organization’s service functions, to ensure the overall performance and achievement of the strategic plan of Centra Health.
· Supports long-term strategic direction for administrative functions, anticipates key trends, opportunities and vulnerabilities, and positions functional support to ensure infrastructure and systems are stable in support of the demands of clinical programs and future growth.
· Contributes to overall strategy, leadership, values, culture and decision-making through active membership of the Clinical Enterprise Service Line Council.
· Works with recruiting and HR teams, as appropriate, to strengthen and improve provider engagement, talent acquisition and development, as well as leadership development; Helps develop, model, and mentor senior leaders to attract and retain talented and gifted providers who serve our communities.
· Improves operational effectiveness by overseeing and developing support services and extending these services to support parallel systems in finance, human resources, information and technology, procurement and supply chain, and compliance and risk.
· Ensures accountability and support administrative functional areas and the Centra Executive team by strengthening organizational dashboards and reports, use of data and trends analysis to measure organizational progress and determine the overall health of the organization, and to compare key indicators with clinical enterprise benchmarks.
· Supports other fellow executives or senior leaders with input in key organizational decisions.
· Fosters a service mindset and ensures cooperation and engagement with other strategic divisions within the executive team to ensure a unified strategy across all aspects of the organization.
· Employs an effective, diplomatic and influential communication style that works across a wide range of medical teams to gain support and implement positive and successful change initiatives to improve overall processes and systems.
· Provides key data and information for the executive team to make complex organizational and strategic decisions based on the right analysis, synthesis, and interpretation of data and trends.
· Supports Medical Directors of enterprise identified 7-8 service lines including among others the ACO/Primary Care Medical Director, Regional Medical Directors of CMG for Bedford and Southside, and the CMIO.
· Facilitates alignment of accountable care by supporting the integrative leadership of inpatient bundles and the Accountable Care Organization.
· Provides key linkage and alignment between individual provider incentive compensation plans as “variable pay” to enterprise-wide strategic initiatives as well as service line and Centra Medical Group initiatives.
1. Recruiting and Onboarding: works with physician and APP onboarding teams to interview as appropriate, develops relationships with new clinicians, and maintains the referral and supply for new clinical employees.
2. Payer Credentialing and Clinical Privileging: works with clinical privileging and payer credentialing teams in the role of physician leadership to simplify and standardize this process.
3. Contracting and Compensation: develops compensation plans and administers employment agreements and PSA agreements with physicians and APP’s, and facilitates service-line vendor relationships as appropriate.
4. Compensation and Contracting: supports the Physician Contracting Team (PCT) and APP Compensation Team to provide compliant and consistent compensation plans and report as needed these plans to the Centra Health Board as may be needed.
5. Governance: directly supports the Professional Practice Committee (PPC), Chair the CMG Policy Committee, and providers managing provider behavior or compliance issues. Works with the CMG Board, the PPC, the PPEC (Medical Executive Committee (MEC) quality subcommittee) and other committees as appropriate.
6. Mediation: facilitates dialogue between service lines, and supports physician and APP behavior management, development, including administration of Employee Improvement Plans, as appropriate.
7. Compliance: works with legal and compliance teams, and with Provider Services to serve on the CMG Exceptions Committee.
8. Coordination of clinical care standards: serves on the CMG Clinical Council, and serves or delegates service on the ICare Population Health Committee and CMG Quality Committee.
9. Wellness and Provider Development: supports physician and APP wellness and professional leadership development, working with the Medical Director of Wellness.
10. Out-processing: performs or have delegated process for exit-interviews and assimilate feedback from departing physicians and APP’s to improve the organization.
· Completion of medical degree and residency training in a primary care or related specialty from an American Medical Association (AMA)-approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
· MD/DO with At least 3- 5 years of experience in a progressively responsible administrator or physician leadership-related positions within healthcare. In-depth knowledge of provider compensation, governance, contracting, Human Resources, healthcare and specifically ambulatory operations and finance, medical group and healthcare trends, consumer markets, telehealth, improvement tools, and legislative climate with successive leadership through clinical and administrative roles. Deep understanding of the economic issues facing health care and the challenges facing a changing delivery system.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to constructively engage with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
· Working knowledge of physician and/or hospital-based contracting, P4P programs and care management models (ACO’s, capitated care).
· Ability to execute within a matrix management structure.
· Ability to quickly and effectively execute plans, motivating others while encouraging appropriate risk taking and creative thinking.
· Expected clinical involvement and care delivery of between 0.1 to 0.2 FTE or 10-20% of the time.
· Learn and use of the major Electronic Medical Record for both inpatient and ambulatory care and review of clinical and quality situations.
· Two to three years’ experience with governance and management in an established medical group or large service line.
· Advanced degree as a masters of medical management, business administration or other similar degree preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Compensation range: $400,000 + Bonus Potential
· Variable Pay Incentive with Goals for Personal Administrative duties and use of Enterprise-Wide Executive Targets
· Sign on bonus: $25k amortized over 3 years
· Relocation Allowance: $10k
· Educational Loan Assistance: Up to $100k over 5 years
· Retirement Saving Plan (Company contribution up to 4% of salary)
· Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
· 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Long-term & short-term disability insurance
· Life insurance (1x salary, buy-up option up to 4x salary)
· Long-term care insurance available for purchase
· Flexible spending accounts (health care & dependent care)
· Malpractice Insurance: coverage through Centra's program
· $7,500 Yearly CME Allowance
Valid through: 8/29/2020