Medical Director Wound Care Center
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
The Medical Director is a key, PT 20 hours a week, member of the wound care center management team consisting of the Medical Director, the Program Manager and the Clinical Manager. The duties, role andresponsibilities of the Medical Director are to ensure quality care, provideeducation, market and promote the Wound Care Center (WCC) and provide direction to the physician panel. Exciting work that our Wound Care Center is performing ispartnering with our Heart and Vascular services to enhance the limb salvage program. Our center currently has multi physician specialties including; trauma, general surgery, podiatry, general practitioner, and infectious disease.?
- The Medical Director is responsible for coordination of patient care within the Wound Care Center and Hyperbaric Medicine Center.
- Ensure that the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center meets the requirements of all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- The Medical Director will use all reasonable efforts to facilitate attending physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to CCHS patient care policies. The Medical Director will monitor physician and nursing staff documentation to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of coding.
- The Medical Director shall serve as an educational resource for the entire Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center including the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- The Medical Director will enhance the marketability of the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center services and promote the use of such services in the local medical community.
The successful candidate will possess a Medical Doctorate Degree, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or Podiatric Medicine as well as 3-5years of related experience.C