- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center.
- Works in tandem with health center manager/supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed.
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the health center manager/supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center.
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; occupational health, primary care, pharmacy/PC integration, integrative medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the health center manager.
- Minimum Educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS.
- 3-5 years experience in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings, primary care or emergency medicine or board eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Current certification in AHA or ARC basic life support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required.
- 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
Requisition Number 17-0603