Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Director, Radiology is a rare opportunity to work directly with Optum leaders to influence the future of disease treatment and management, to help healthcare work better for this patient population every day.
The purpose of this job is to help people live their lives to the fullest by providing clinical leadership and expertise for our Radiology products, including involvement in utilization management, quality of care, product development, operations improvement, the development of clinical programs and evidence-based medical benchmarks for measuring provider performance.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advise toward creating clinical guidelines for a utilization management program for radiology services and imaging. This includes work at the procedure / diagnosis code level
- Advise on the operation of a network of high-performing providers and facilities for radiology
- Work with clinical, analytic and product development staff to develop strategies to improve the care of members, including initiative project planning and performance measurement
- Provide expert clinical input to operational program decisions
- Offer advice about trends and current events in radiology
- In partnership with operational and business leaders, identify specialty network strategic and operational opportunities, assuring best practice is incorporated
- Be a clinical leadership interface with internal company businesses on opportunities for growth and partnership
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and non-restricted licensed physician
- Board-certified in Radiology
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience after completing residency training
- Broad exposure to relevant Radiology imaging techniques
- Respected leadership profile, visibility and involvement in the medical community
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (to clinicians and non-clinicians, in 1:1 and group settings)
- Strong background in the application of evidence-based medicine
- Prior managed care experience
- 2+ years of health plan experience as a Medical Director
- Program and product development experience
- Understanding of the limits of imaging and interventional tests
- Health policy perspective to consider population health / delivery system issues and opportunities