If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
The Medical Director is responsible for providing direct clinical oversight and leading clinical and quality initiatives that support clinical performance and best practice standards across Laguna Treatment Hospital. Serving as a direct liaison between facility and AAC corporate services, this position will represent a collaborative, collective voice for all Medical Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direction for patient care teams consistent with best practices.
- Leads monthly medical staff meetings with pertinent clinical staff and UR.
- Huddles at least weekly (more frequently as required by CEO, COO or CMO) with facility leadership – CEO, COO, DON and Clinical Director.
- Reviews a monthly comparative report of provider productivity metrics in collaboration with Facility CEO/COO and AAC National Director of Provider Relations & Services:
- # Evals/provider/month
- CPT coding distribution/provider/month.
- H&Ps outside 24 hours of admission/provider/month (Medical) o Psych Evals outside 48 hours of admission/provider/month (Psychiatry).
- Engages in corrective action with providers to help them comply with corporate/facility P&P’s and to achieve clinical excellence.
- Regularly collaborates with QA and UR to review LOS, provide peer-to-peer with payors, and audit provider charts to ensure complete and timely medical and laboratory documentation.
- Performs/delegates annual peer review/clinical competency assessments in compliance with Joint Commission/CARF requirements.
- Coordinates provider on-call scheduling with Practice Manager & participates in on-call.
- Establishes positive, professional relationships with local medical community and with other Medical Directors and providers within the AAC organization Physical Requirements
- Performs evaluations, H&Ps, detox management, and MAT as per SOP
- Orders labs and other clinically appropriate testing and prescribes medications and treatments
- Leads the development and implementation of treatment plans
- Consult with other physicians/clinicians about each patient’s specific need and refers to specialists as necessary
- Documents all patient contact accurately and timely in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Participates as an active member of the clinical team
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to participate on clinical/medical committees, providing education and quality review.
- Minimum 10 years clinical experience
- Comply with all applicable laws to physicians including HIPAA and title 42 CFR
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), bedside manner and time management skills
- Demonstrate effective teamwork
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds
- Computer literate with the ability to appropriately utilize EMR system
- Organize and prioritize workload to provide high quality care and meet deadlines
- Meet and maintain facility credentialing and privileging requirements
- Consistently demonstrate positive customer service attitude
- Maintain the highest ethical and moral standards among all – employees, contractors, patients and members of the general public
- If more than one facility, travel between facilities
- Willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary
- Upholds the policies and procedures of American Addiction Centers
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current, unrestricted Medical License in the state
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, as well as in primary medical specialty – eg. Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc
- Current, unrestricted DEA Certification
- Current BLS Certification required (ACLS preferred)