Provides physician coverage for medical care and consultation to all patients of the facility in an organized and professional manner at all times. Assists the Executive Director, Administrators, and the Directors of Health Services to achieve consistent, optimal patient care and help ensure the adequacy and appropriateness of medical care provided to the patients.
- Participates in the development of a system providing a medical care plan for each patient, which covers medications, nursing care, restorative services, diet and other services and a plan for discharge
- Assists in arranging for continuous physician coverage for medical emergencies and in developing procedures for emergency treatment of patients.
- Serves as the medical representative of the facility in the community.
- Serves as liaison with attending staff physicians in an effort to ensure effective quality medical care.
- Maintains responsibility for the development of written by-laws, rules and regulations applicable to attending patients in the facility at the Georgia War Veterans Home.
- Medical Staff by-laws, rules and regulations, when appointed.
- Participates in developing patient care admission and discharge policies. Participate in developing an effective P.I. program and Utilization Review program.
- Is available for consultation in the development and maintenance of an adequate medical record system.
- Advises the Administrator with regard to the adequacy of the facility, patient care services and medical equipment.
- Is available for consultation with the Administrator and the Director of Health Services in evaluating the adequacy of the nursing staff and the facility to meet the psychosocial as well at the medical and physical needs of patients.
- Is available for consultation and participation in in-service training programs.
- Is knowledgeable of the policies and programs of public health agencies, which may affect patient care programs in the facility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year professional experience in the medical field in a long term care setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current, active and unrestricted Physician license in state of practice
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Previous physician practice or healthcare physician provider experience preferred