CDPHP is a healthcare leader in the Capital Region, with participating providers in 24 counties in upstate New York. As a company, CDPHP emphasizes the member experience as well as employee engagement. With over 1,000 employees at our corporate headquarters in Albany, we are still managed by a board of physicians, and maintain a strong emphasis on patient care. We value integrity, diversity, and innovation, and a corporate culture that supports those values. At CDPHP, employees have the opportunity to make an impact both at the company and community levels. We strive to provide knowledge and display excellent in all that we do, and are looking for motivated individuals who want to be a part of that experience.
The Medical Director, Pediatrics primary focus will be to act as the main resource for the New York State Medicaid children's carve-in. They will also assist the Senior Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer with the Plan's medical management, quality improvement, and resource management initiatives in accordance with regulatory, accreditation, and corporate policies and strategic plan. The Medical Director will participate in medical advisory committees, provider leadership to, and serve as a liaison between the physician community and the Plan's management.
• MD required. Additional advanced degree(s) preferred.
• Licensed physician with current, unrestricted license (preferably New York State).
• Board Certified Pediatrician required.
• If not licensed in New York State, eligibility for New York State licensure is required.
• Minimum three to five (3-5) years clinical practice experience required.
• Minimum of three (3) years managed care or practice management is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, persuasive and negotiating skills are required.
• Commitment to managed health care. Excellent standing in the medical community is required.
• Demonstrated ability to execute on department plans and objectives and work effectively in a matrixed environment across business lines.
• Exhibits confidence, high energy and personal presence in leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to make a decision independently, or at times without the full complement of information.
• Demonstrated ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity.
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, motivated and results-driven.
• Strong project management, planning, facilitation and relationship management skills.
• Track history of managing change in a constructive way.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and shift priorities to meet day-to-day operational needs as well as mandated deadlines and proactively seek out business needs.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Valid Through: 2019-11-11