Pacific Beach Veterinary Clinic, established in 1949, is a 3 Veterinarian practice in the heart of Pacific Beach, San Diego. We are a fun and diverse group of veterinary professionals. We are a full-service veterinary hospital and we offer a wide variety of services including acupuncture, advance diagnostic imagery, rehabilitation, daytime emergency care, and grooming.
We have a great history with long-term clients and staff! We have a fun, fast-paced facility with a friendly & positive working environment. We value honest and direct communication between staff, management, and clients. We are community-centered, we honor the client/patient relationship and we respect people and their pets.
We are a full-service veterinary hospital
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness.
- Possess a commitment to practicing excellent patient care.
- Understand and apply the importance of the client experience.
- Have proficient skill in medicine, surgery, and dentistry.
- Ability to teach, mentor and develop veterinarians at all performance levels.
- Keep current on new products and medical protocols.
- Ability to maintain accurate electronic medical records and regularly audit those of other doctors.
- Coordinate and disseminate Continuing Education for the doctor and medical team.
- Assist Practice Manager with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action.
- Partner with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies.
- Maintain schedules for doctor team and assist leads with their team schedules if needed.
- Organize and lead regular meetings for the doctor team.
- Attend and take part in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required).
- Adhere to Alpine’s values and coach other team members to do so.
- Perform and deliver regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team.
What we offer:
- A solid future in an established practice.
- An exceptional team of Veterinary Professionals.
- Regional medical and operational support.
- An opportunity to make an impact on others.
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- Medical Director Stipend.
- Competitive base salary plus production and no negative accrual.
- Incredible benefits package including paid vacation paid parental leave, health, vision, dental, liability, 401k, discretionary fund, and pet care discounts
- Stipends for relocation where needed
- Support as needed for you and your team and a positive work-life balance.