at Omada Health (View all jobs)san francisco hq
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
Omada is hiring a Medical Director to support the clinical team in sales and product development. This role will represent Omada at client meetings withsenior medical staff by speaking to the clinical rigor of its flagship intensive behavioral counseling program. The Medical Director will also serve a key role in researching and developing new product features for obesity-related chronic disease by working collaboratively with our product team. This position reportsto Omada’s Vice President of Medical Affairs.
You are passionate about obesity-related chronic disease and health technology with a background in business, clinical informatics, or health care management. You want to help U.S. purchasers of health care (employers, health plans, risk-bearing provider groups) understand the value of digital behavioral medicine, an innovative new approach for delivering group-based counseling for behavior change. You understand that to truly move the needle for obesity-related chronic disease, we need to create cost-effective, scalable solutions. And you want to be at the center of this innovation by working at an organization that is producing evidence-based, best-in-class solutions.
- Support Omada’s sales teams in the field through interactions with customer medical staff (corporate Medical Directors, Chief Medical Officers, etc.), with a focus on communicating about the clinical rigor of Omada’s approach, as well as complex clinical and health-economic data from Omada’s intervention (and other relevant interventions) - interactions will include email, phone, web-conference, and in-person.
- Deliver customer insights back to the product, business development, and research teams to inform future directions.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to design and implement new features.
- Speak on behalf of Omada at appropriate clinical and customer trade conferences.
- Contribute to clinical supervision and safety oversight for the populations we serve along with other clinical staff.
You will love this job if you:
- Are an MD and are board-certified or eligible in endocrinology, family medicine, or internal medicine with clinical experience managing diabetes.
- Have advanced training or degree in informatics, clinical research, public health, or business/health administration.
- Have training or knowledge in health technology.
- Can effectively communicate with the corporate and health plan medical community regarding epidemiological, scientific/medical, and health-economic data.
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills, no fear of presenting in front of tough crowds, and can successfully manage customer relationships.
- Are available to travel as much as 40% (to current and potential customers, conferences).
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.