Medical Director of Urgent Care
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Medical & Dental Practitioners
Job Category: Medical / Health - Physician
Director of Urgent Care (Convenient Care) is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of convenient care services. Convenient Care is a care delivery philosophy and practice focused on providing same day access to patients with acute illness and injury at a walk in health center outside of the patient’s medical home.
This position reports to the Director of Primary Care.
• Promote the mission of delivering care safely and effectively throughout the convenient care health centers in collaboration with nursing and operations leaders.
• Responsible for all aspects of medical care provided in the convenient care health centers to include supervision of assigned providers, employed or contracted, in collaboration with nursing and operations leadership.
• Monitor performance of all assigned providers and provide performance feedback and interventions as appropriate.
• Assist in provider recruitment and training to ensure convenient care sites are properly staffed with qualified physicians and advanced practice providers.
• Provides clinical expertise and guidance on aspects of care related to delivery of convenient care to clinical services and sites.
• Provide direct patient care services in Convenient Care sites as scheduled.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices.
• Proficiency in the use of a computer, software packages and office machines.
• Ability to provide leadership in the establishment and implementation of health care delivery mechanisms, strategies, tactics, standards and goals.
• Strong business acumen as well as substantial knowledge and expertise in the health sciences.
• Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate complex data, clinical information, business needs and related issues in an accurate, objective and straightforward manner.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• Assumes full responsibility for patients receiving care within the designated health centers.
• Works in tandem with the Health Center’s practice and clinical leaders to ensure a collaborative team oriented environment.
• Leads and motivates the medical providers under his/her supervision; uses effective medical and people performance management processes.
• Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values.
• Serves as the champion for Value Based Care initiatives and other initiatives that may impact the operations and/or the quality of patient care.
• Performs objective annual evaluations of all direct reports with the input from the Practice Leader.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: MD or DO from an accredited institution.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3 years of clinical practice with significant demonstrated experience in urgent care, convenient care, acute care of emergency management with a minimum of 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience working collaboratively with medical and operational leaders.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains these certifications as a professional. Lapsing/expiration of these certifications/licensure will result in suspension of work:
1. Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in a mutually agreed upon time-frame.
2. Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
3. Board Certification in Family Medicine or passage of Board Certification examination within one (1) year of employment.
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers.
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- 3 years of clinical practice with significant demonstrated experience in urgent care, convenient care
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Doctorate Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
- Candidates may be recently trained and board eligible if scheduled to sit for board certification.?
- Candidates who are currently board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine by the AOA (American Osteopathic Association), or ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialty) member boards.
- Both Family Medicine and Internal Medicine physicians are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates must hold an active TX license, be in process of applying for a TX license, or be willing to apply for a TX license expeditiously and attest they have no professional reason to believe they will be unable to obtain a TX medical license to begin work by an agreed upon initial employment date.
- Candidates in their final year of post graduate training who are seeking full time permanent positions in TX and are currently willing to interview and sign an employment agreement to begin work in the summer of 2017 upon culmination of residency will be considered.
Why we're a great company
- Join an organization truly committed to service and quality patient care.
- This practice has 23 clinics and 100 providers (Physicians, Dentists, PAs and NPs).
- Employed position with full benefits, and excellent organizational leadership.
- Malpractice for all employed providers is covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for professional liability arising from acts/omissions within the FQHC scope. FTCA coverage is equivalent to occurrence basis professional liability with no limit.
- PTO is 200 hours (25 days), and CME is 2 weeks off with $2,000 stipend.
- 7 designated paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Day after, Christmas Day). Also up to 3 days for Paid Bereavement Leave, up to 2 weeks for Paid Duty/Witness Subpoena, and up to 2 weeks Paid Military Leave.
Austin, TX is the State Capital and one of the finest metropolitan cities in the world. All positions for this employer are within Travis County. Live downtown or in any of the affluent Austin suburbs. Enjoy all the exceptional amenities, music, festivals, dining and entertainment available. Outstanding education, excellent real estate options and exceptional quality of life!
*Up to $30K per year, and $160K overall of student loan forgiveness spread over multiple years.
- o One option is National Health Service Corps (NHSC) https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
- Another option is through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Another option is the St. David’s Foundation, Central Texas Loan Repayment Program
- Additional options and info: http://www.hhloans.com/apps/financialaid/tofa.cfm?Kind=LRP