Medical Director of Psychiatry in Spokane, WA.
To be located in Spokane, WA the position will support a joint venture between Fairfax and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center (PSHMC) to better serve the community’s behavioral health needs.
The Medical DirectorPhysician position is a fulltime employed position with Monday – Friday schedule. Patient care caseload will be 10-12 patients in the inpatient program. Duties include administration, admissions, discharge, management, development and clinical work. A very competitive compensation package of salary and benefits with bonus opportunity will be offered. The ideal candidate will be BE/BC with Medical Director level experience and must have 5 plus years of experience in an Inpatient behavioral health facility. All patient care is provided in a multidisciplinary treatment setting the team comprised of psychiatrists, counselors, professional nurses, social workers and other therapists. There is minimal required call.
The qualifications for the position are the minimum requirements needed to be successful in the position. The level of experience and expertise for the job is determined by the current amount of expertise in the unit/department. If training or experience is not required but would be desirable, it is listed as preferred however; persons without preferred background will be considered in the hiring process.
Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications).
- MD/DO degree from an accredited program required
- Board certified in Psychiatry required
- Licensed to practice in the State of Washington
- Minimum of five years of practice experience
- Management experiencepreferred
- Meets all credentialing criteria required by participating physicians
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities.
- Ability to set a strategic vision with measurable outcomes that promote Psychiatric Department development and success.
- Ability to build a collaborative and supportive culture for medical program
- Strong management and proven leadership skills required
- Ability to organize and facilitate meetings and outcomes.
- Willingly accepts direction in achievement of organization’s objectives.
- Organizational skills, including working collaboratively with others.
- Understanding of and commitment to stewardship in both medical management and business reality.
- Strong business acumen relating to Psychiatric operations, finance and decision making.
The Medical Director position is a highly visible and active role. Some of the duties include:
- Supervision to other physicians and clinical staff
- Program development
- Medical Staff and Executive Team committee and meeting participation
- Quality improvement initiatives, risk management and service utilization management