$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 65 days ago
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Medical Director, Migraine will be experienced in drug development and medical affairs, and possess extraordinary leadership competencies and the perspective needed to develop strategy around new and existing medicines. This individual will help drive the US Medical strategy for development of marketed Migraine products in the Neuroscience medical unit. S/he will provide critical input into the strategy, development, management and implementation for Phase IIB/III/IV product support studies in the Neuroscience franchise; will also be involved in providing strategic input for global development programs and Phase IV trials. The position includes extensive involvement with global development colleagues, marketing and sales, including conduct of investigator training meetings, field force training, sales material development and review, presentations at local advisory boards, speaker training meetings, and meetings with major healthcare providers. Additional representative responsibilities include the following:
• Lead US Medical Affairs activities for Migraine indications.
• Medical Affairs responsibilities will include strategic, tactical, and budget planning and management.
• Provide strategic US Medical input to Global Development on clinical development, pre-registration, label extension, pre- and post-market launch strategies, and life cycle management.
• Attend scientific meetings and foster and develop strong relationships with Medical Experts and Investigators.
• Leverage strong science in the development of commercially viable products utilizing aggressive timelines; integrate scientific rigor, medical need and commercial value into compelling strategies in support of successful registration and marketing.
• Identify and implement high value strategies for product life cycle development and expansion across the entire Novartis portfolio.
• Contribute to the development of new indications for existing products.
• Develop and implement reliable and high-value publication strategies for new and existing products.
• Partner with Field Medical team
• Work in, and enable a positive team environment and interact with global clinical, scientific and marketing teams.
• Prioritize and resource pre-market launches and post-market medical programs.
• Successfully create a bridge between clinical development teams and provide medical expertise to the commercial product development teams.
Position to be filled at level commensurate with experience. This position is based in East Hanover, NJ.
An MD, DO, Pharm D, or PhD degree with 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience preferred; Board Certification/Eligibility is preferred.
• Clinical research experience conducted in a pharmaceutical or equivalent environment is strongly desired, preferably relevant to Neuroscience
• Working knowledge of GCP, scientific and clinical methodology, protocol design, project management and regulatory requirements for clinical studies designated for review by regulatory authorities preferred.
• Proactive, action-oriented approach to Medical Direction and Medical Leadership.
• Proven, productive collaboration with Medical and Commercial colleagues preferred.
• Reputation as an open, available and transparent communicator.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• US and European travel required (20-25% annually, up to 40% seasonally).
Valid Through: 2019-9-13