Medicaid Physician Leadership Opportunity with Leading Health Plan
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Physician leader to do innovative work with America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
- Senior Physician Leader role responsible for managing clinical and non-clinical teams, reporting to the RVP/CMO or President of the Health Plan
- Responsible for managing clinical and non-clinical teams, reporting to the Chief Medical Officer of the Health Plan
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports
- Will be responsible in working with local organizations, counties, stakeholders, provider groups in building relationships and collaborative projects to better position us as a strong partner
- Will lead our various clinical strategies and committees and with their team, will coordinate the administration of medical services for company health plans including the overall medical policies of the business unit to ensure the appropriate and most cost effective medical care is received and for the day-to-day management of medical management staff
- Interprets existing policies and develops new policies based on changes in the healthcare or medical arena
- Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company
- Supports the medical management staff
- Board Certified
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine
- Must be located in the state that position is held
- 5 years of clinical experience and 3-5 years of health planexperience.
- State Specific Medicaid experience for location serving
- UM and CM experience