$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Medical Director/Lead Medical Director Multiple Sclerosis
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Medical Director/Lead Medical Director MS will be experienced in drug development and medical affairs, and possess extraordinary leadership competencies and the perspective needed to develop strategy around new and existing medicines. This individual will help drive the US Medical strategy for development of MS products in the Neuroscience medical unit. S/he will provide critical input into the strategy, development, management and implementation for Phase IIB/III/IV product support studies in the Neuroscience franchise; will also be involved in providing strategic input for global development programs and Phase IV trials. The position includes extensive involvement with global development colleagues, marketing and sales, including conduct of investigator training meetings, field force training, sales material development and review, presentations at local advisory boards, speaker training meetings, and meetings with major healthcare providers. Additional representative responsibilities include the following:
• Lead US Medical Affairs activities for MS indications.
• Medical Affairs responsibilities will include strategic, tactical, and budget planning and management.
• Provide strategic US Medical input to Global Development on clinical development, pre-registration, label extension, pre- and post-market launch strategies, and life cycle management.
• Attend scientific meetings and foster and develop strong relationships with Medical Experts and Investigators.
• Leverage strong science in the development of commercially viable products utilizing aggressive timelines; integrate scientific rigor, medical need and commercial value into compelling strategies in support of successful registration and marketing.
• Identify and implement high value strategies for product life cycle development and expansion across the entire Novartis portfolio.
• Contribute to the development of new indications for existing products.
• Develop and implement reliable and high-value publication strategies for new and existing products.
• Partner with Field Medical team
• Work in, and enable a positive team environment and interact with global clinical, scientific and marketing teams.
• Prioritize and resource pre-market launches and post-market medical programs.
• Successfully create a bridge between clinical development teams and provide medical expertise to the commercial product development teams.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Position to be filled at level commensurate with experience.
An MD, DO, Pharm D, or PhD degree with 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience preferred; Board Certification/Eligibility is preferred.
• Clinical research experience conducted in a pharmaceutical or equivalent environment is strongly desired, preferably relevant to Neuroscience
• Working knowledge of GCP, scientific and clinical methodology, protocol design, project management and regulatory requirements for clinical studies designated for review by regulatory authorities preferred.
• Proactive, action-oriented approach to Medical Direction and Medical Leadership.
• Proven, productive collaboration with Medical and Commercial colleagues preferred.
• Reputation as an open, available and transparent communicator.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Travel required (up to 50%)
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Valid Through: 2019-11-9