Requisition ID 2017-7166
Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
Inovalon is seeking to hire a Medical Director, who will provide both clinical and IT leadership to support the planning, design, development, and implementation of the broad set of analytical programs, products, and services Inovalon delivers to healthcare organizations across the country.
The Medical Director will be a part of the Inovalon Clinical Operations team and a subject matter expert in a diverse area of care delivery and quality arenas such as Medicare and Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Commercial/ACA and Risk Adjustment.
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge regarding products, services, infrastructure, and operations of Inovalon to achieve optimal insight into product development, capabilities, support, and functionality requirements;
- Assist in the development, review, customization, implementation, and support of medical informatics applications, predictive analytics, electronic health record integration and other such product and service lines that Inovalon has or may develop;
- Serve as an Inovalon representative in presenting clinical (and associated) components of the products, services, and general mission;
- Coordinate with all resources and personnel necessary to ultimately achieve superior capability, quality, efficiency, success, and financial profitability of Inovalon’ s product and service lines; and
- Collaborate with Inovalon leadership in the strategic development of initiatives to identify product and system enhancements which may improve client appeal, process flow, and overall business function, industry reputation, and financial performance.
- A degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from an accredited medical school; (Board certification is strongly preferred)
- Strong clinical knowledge and familiarity with best practices standards, healthcare research and related literature;
- Knowledge of electronic health records and clinical related IT applications/tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as ease in presentations to internal and external stakeholders and clients;
- Visionary and innovative attitude that is comfortable in a fast paced design and development environment; and
- Experience and/or certification/degree in medical informatics and/or predictive analytics as related to managed care organizations or a government agency is strongly preferred.