Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
- Serve as member of a dynamic Research & Development team focused on the scientific evaluation of innovative products and companies that have potential to complement Horizon’s existing portfolio
- Contribute to the active search for, identification and evaluation of potential opportunities (research collaboration, in-licensing preclinical and clinical assets, platform technologies and research tools) that are consistent with the advancement of our Immunology, Rheumatology and Orphan diseases pipeline. Review potential opportunities for scientific merit and feasibility.
- Communicate status of ongoing deals to key internal stakeholders on a timely basis, including preparation of opportunity assessments and summaries for executive-level audiences. Deliver oral and written presentations to senior management to seek approval for new opportunities.
- Facilitate and maintain opportunity identification and assessment processes to move projects forward in the most efficient and effective manner and provide recommendations for dismissing/deprioritizing ideas early and effectively.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents technical assessment of assets under review to various internal review committees
- Facilitate creation of institutional memory for opportunities by providing clear, concise assessments and recommendations for future reference.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- MD/PhD preferred. MD or biomedical PhD with supporting experience also considered
- 3-5- years or greater industry experience, ideally in a translational medicine or search and evaluate settings
- Strong scientific acumen, able with little guidance to critically interpret result from pre-clinical (in vitro and in vivo) studies and to assess the scientific validity of mechanism of actions at play
- Experienced in disease areas of interest to Horizon (Immunology, Rare Diseases, Rheumatology) yet curious, willing and able to conduct assessments in other disease areas
- Must possess a solid foundation in drug discovery processes with familiarity in one aspect of Drug Development (e.g., CMC, pre-clinical, clinical development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs)
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate analysis into strategy
- Team player, able to work in close relationship with Business Development colleagues.
- Eagerness to contribute to company growth by working relentlessly identifying valuable assets.
- Requires approximately 30% travel
- Strong work ethic
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional demeanor
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in supervising others is not expected but helpful
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.