JOB TITLE: Medical Director, Employee Health
LOCATION: Danville, PA or Wilkes-Barre, PA
DEPARTMENT: Employee Health
WORK TYPE: Full time
Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
Geisinger is seeking a physician leader, board-certified in occupational health, to act as medical director to support the administrative and clinical needs of the Department of Employee Health. Geisinger’s Employee Health department is comprised of a staff of 30, including: Advance Practice Providers, Nurse Case Managers, LPNs, techs and support staff.
The ideal candidate will be the clinical expert of the employee health department and work in collaboration to achieve best practices in the overall treatment of work-injured employees as well as the other clinical and administrative duties. Experience in occupational medicine and a familiarity with regulations from both Workman’s Comp and OSHA are required.
About the position:
- Partner with administrative director of Employee Health
- Provide medical oversight, education and development of employee health programs
- Collaborative and supervisory relationship with employee health Advance Practitioner Providers
- Active participant in employee health leadership team and reviews of workers’ compensation claim reviews
- Provide clinical guidance and clarification as needed to: supervisors, managers, corporate insurance, risk services and collaborative partnerships with employee health
- Position is based in Danville, Pa., and requires weekly travel to provide patient services at all employee health clinic sites within Geisinger.
- The Employee Health Medical Director will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer for Geisinger's hospitals