The Medical Director, Digital Health for MedMined will partner with the business leaders for MedMined to create a research agenda that demonstrates the value of MedMined and other BD products and solutions in the care and management of patients with a focus on prevention of infections, decisions support for ID management and antimicrobial resistance management/stewardship.
The Medical Director will be responsible for the clinical evidence generation strategy for MedMined and partner with HEOR on economic evidence generation as well. The Medical Director will support and partner with BU, strategic marketing and public policy in relation MedMined, HAI and antimicrobial resistance and stewardship.
The Medical Director will lead a research team that conducts and directs primarily retrospective observational research with an emphasis on using the MedMined, MMS and DS data for both internal and external research projects and study design, and biostatistical expertise to research projects that examine risk adjusted clinical and economic outcomes, especially in relation to healthcareassociated infections and other adverse events.
The leader is expected to contribute to the team’s track record in presentation and peer-review publication of the research. The leader and team also involved in research reviews in the areas of infection prevention and HAIs or other areas as appropriate.
In addition, the leader will partner with the Digital Health business leaders to create a strategic approach to external research (revenue generating) with the pharmaceutical industry with a goal to grow the opportunity in this space and fully leverage the current activities.
The Medical Director will partner with the platform leader to development and drive key engagement with KOLs and engagement with customers on key clinical areas. The Medical Director is accountability for MedMined product safety and compliance with clinical claims.
The leader will serve on the leadership team of MedMined. The leader may be asked to participate as part of the Clinical Claims Data Review Board.
The Medical Director will report to the SVP, Global Medical Affairs and Clinical Development with joint accountability to the VP/GM, MedMined.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the MedMined MA activities including but not limited to ensuring the safety and clinical efficacy of marketed products and products in development.
- Responsible for evidence generation strategy, planning and publication / scientific communication plans related to products and services within the MedMined platform. Works closely with Platform leader, marketing and HEOR to understand value drivers and with the Corporate Clinical Development (CCD) team for evidence generation study design and execution of clinical studies.
- Contribute to Digital Health-wide MA functional activities or enterprise-wide functional activities
- Participates in Innovation and research activities by identifying and defining key trends and needs for MedMined, HAI surveillance/prevention and Antimicrobial resistance relevant to the businesses supported in this role. Plays an critical role in connecting opportunities in the above spaces between MedMined, DS, MMS and Technology Solutions (and other BUs as needed)
- Responsible to the scientific integrity and clinical accuracy of all claims and communications made concerning the products within MedMined.
- May perform other duties as required
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Knowledge of Regulatory Guidelines related to medical research, education and communication
- Expert Knowledge of clinical study design, biostatistical analysis and literature appraisal
- Deep understanding of utilization of laboratory, clinical, medication and informatics data in creating predictive analytics and decision support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong customer/client orientation
- Demonstrated capability for strategic thinking, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with teams and to provide leadership within the medical community
- Ability to integrate medical, scientific, and technical information and effectively communicate these data to the scientific community, customers, as well as throughout the organization
- Ability to network/develop relationships with KOLs
- Strong competency in the areas of clinical study design, statistics, technical writing and critical appraisal of the literature
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and explain complex clinical and scientific information
- Strong communication skills (verbal, presentation, written);
- A medical degree and completion of Residency in internal medicine, surgery, critical care or anesthesia are required. Training in Infectious Diseases desired
- Advanced degree in biostatistics, health sciences, public health, economics, health services research, epidemiology, computer science or related disciple highly desirable
- Certifications :Medical license
- A minimum of 7 years of clinical experience is required. Ideally 5 or more years of industry (or equivalent) experience is highly desirable.
- 2-3 years’ experience in using complex population based electronic health record data including microbiological, general lab, pharmacy and standard billing data
- 7 years of management of diverse teams and in a matrixed organization is desired.
Job ID R-24135