$80K — $100K *
The Brooklyn Hospital Center seeks a Medical Director and Lead Physician of their newly established Diabetes Center!
The Brooklyn Hospital Center is here in Downtown Brooklyn, ready to take care of you. TBHC is the oldest hospital in Brooklyn and an independent community hospital. Since 1845, The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) has provided outstanding health services, education and research to our Brooklyn community. Our focus is ensuring optimal patient care through staff expertise and the use of advanced technology, and innovative medical and surgical treatments.
• Leads weekly educational case review sessions to share insights on complex patient cases to promote optimal learning and outcomes and a top of license approach
• Supports the development and implementation of diabetes/obesity patient care guidelines including new patient clinical offerings that drive best practices.
Works to ensure the guidelines and offerings are consistent with institutional standards
• Addresses questions raised by community physicians and supports coordination of treatment approaches
• Evaluates Diabetes Disease Management program outcomes and develops clinical and operational enhancements to improve outcomes
• Work with a multi-specialty team of physicians
• Serve a diverse population and live in a neighborhood with excellent school districts and numerous cultural activities
• Support staff: Medical assistants and part-time CDE
• EMR system: Epic
• No teaching or research responsibilities
• Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage, and CME stipends
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York Medical License
• Board Certified in Endocrinology
• Leadership experience highly preferred
• Committed to the Brooklyn Hospital Center and the communities we serve
• Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
About the Brooklyn Hospital Center:
We take care of our community in our 464-bed hospital and via our network of family health centers, medical practices and other ambulatory care sites, located both on our main campus and throughout Brooklyn's neighborhoods. Our experienced and compassionate team of doctors, nurses and staff represent the best in medical excellence. We are a clinical affiliate of The Mount Sinai Hospital and an academic affiliate of The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
TBHC is dedicated to safe, quality care. In fact, our focused efforts have led to many national quality recognitions. TBHC is also a community leader, partnering with many other Brooklyn institutions.
As Brooklyn's first hospital, TBHC is proud to be a part of an incredibly diverse borough and is committed to Keeping Brooklyn Healthy.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes more than 7,200 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 400 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 30 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 15 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 15 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery in the 2020-2021 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in four out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Morningside, and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Valid through: 5/24/2021
$80K — $100K
$150K — $200K
2 days ago