The Medical Director Dermatology, Global Therapeutic Area (TA) Team, Inflammation and Immunology (I&I) Medical Affairs, PIH Business Unit, is an integral member of the Global TA I&I Medical Affairs team. The Director combines medical expertise and understanding of the patients’ and physicians’ point of view with that of the Disease Area and the specific medicine(s). He/she is part of a working environment where colleagues always understand and exhibit customer and patient-focused medical professionalism with honor and integrity. The Medical Director reports to the Global Therapeutic Area Team Leader Dermatology and will develop strong relationships with cross functional teams focused on dermatology pipeline assets and support inline products as appropriate in order to develop asset strategies and tactics and drive alignment.
• Proactively bring patients' & physicians' voice to development efforts and clinical trial protocol designs on cross-functional teams, to provide medicines meeting their needs, while considering the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge (e.g. disease states, product data, statistics interpretation, etc), including competitive medicines, for internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Objectively interpret clinical trial and other scientific data as well as commercial information to deliver value added education and strategic input into to assigned teams.
• Analyze scientific research and clinical trial results, then understand and effectively communicate scientific knowledge to serve as a translator between technical and commercial functions as well as ensuring appropriate data dissemination. Drive the transfer and appropriate application of clinical knowledge, ideas, and needs.
• Focus on patient and physician concerns, as it applies to clinical and real world data trial design, data, disease area, and subsequent data dissemination. Commits to excellence by continually learning and expanding his/her expertise.
• Develop medical content for global congresses, symposia, promotional speakers and advisory boards and lead or participate in such activities in full compliance with Pfizer policy.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of the benefit-risk of the medicine(s), taking into account new data, as it becomes available
• Ensure effective cross-functional alignment in customer facing activities and represent Pfizer externally in the respective specialty therapeutic area.
• Collaborate with Regional/Country Medical Affairs,
Marketing/Commercial Development team(s), Research Unit, and other appropriate cross-functional teams in driving strategic direction from dermatology pipeline proof of concept through patent expiry for medical development, lifecycle plans, and regional/country plans for the medicine or/and therapeutic area. Develop and strengthen partnerships among key
• Contribute to the planning and timely, high quality execution of medical tactics to support the regions, country(ies), and lifecycle plans.
• Lead working groups in a professional, inclusive manner encouraging open discussion as related to assigned activities and specific roles, while demonstrating respect for people.
• Proactively collaborate in the development and review of global promotional materials including participation in global review committee to ensure medical and scientific information are included in a medically appropriate context. Partner with legal and regulatory
colleagues to ensure compliant and accurate content. Ensure high quality medical content of all promotional activities.
• Partner with important external medical and scientific leaders in collaboration with field based medical colleagues and regional/country colleagues.
• Participate in or lead publications subcommittee to plan and implement appropriate publication strategy and tactics, driving data dissemination, in accordance with Pfizer policies.
• Proactively identify and address potential medical issues and ensure implementation of risk-management strategies in collaboration with team partners.
• Proactively assess safety and regulatory aspects of the medicine with partners in these functional lines, including participation in safety and labeling working groups and potential interactions with the regulatory agency (ies) related to both promotional activities and labeling.
• Participate as appropriate in the medical/scientific assessment of potential business development activities, through analysis of scientific and clinical trial data, and pre-proof of concept compounds within Pfizer Research.
• PhD or PharmD required
• Minimum of 8years medical affairsexperience and/or clinical experiencerequired, preferably in dermatology
• Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results
• Capable of analyzing, comprehending and communicating a large amount of scientific information in a clear, concise manner
• An ability to be flexible and innovative
• International experience a plus
• Ability to work successfully with cross-functional colleagues in a matrix team setting
• Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent communication skills required