Anchorage, Alaska – Seeking a Child Abuse Medical Director for Alaska Cares. As part of a national network, Alaska CARES, is a Children's Advocacy Center (CAC) and a member of the National Children's Alliance, which is the governing body for more than 450 Children's Advocacy Centers across the United States. Join us and experience all that the beautiful and scenic state of Alaska has to offer from the welcoming community of Anchorage.
• Full-time position; approximately 0.5 FTE for clinical and directorship responsibilities and 0.5 FTE for community outreach and training.
• Provide leadership and management for the program to ensure the efficient, effective and quality delivery of inpatient and/or outpatient services.
• Experienced physician required (3+ years).
• Will position the program to be responsive within a highly managed care health care environment; aligns program goals with hospital or entity and regional goals.
• Competitive compensation; comprehensive benefits
With 401 beds and a medical staff of 600, Providence Alaska Medical Center is the most comprehensive tertiary facility in the state and the only one with a dedicated Children’s Hospital. Providers enjoy broad cross-specialty support as well as flexible arrangements to meet individual needs. The campus is blessed with incredible mountain views and frequent wildlife sightings.
Alaska offers financial, cultural and recreational opportunities beyond compare, plus there is no state income or sales tax! Anchorage, with 285,000 residents, is a modern American city surrounded by spectacular scenery and boundless outdoor recreation opportunities. Within the city limits are moose, bears, glaciers, hundreds of miles of trails for hiking, biking and skiing, a ski resort, golf courses, major dogsled race starts, and several peaks of the hugely popular Chugach Mountains.
There are also shopping malls, world-class restaurants, brewpubs, two universities, a sports arena and a performing arts center. The combination of urban and wild is what makes Anchorage such a special place. Where else can you catch a salmon in the shadow of skyscrapers, or meet a moose on your way to the symphony?
Providence Health & Services (PH&S) is a not-for-profit system of 34 hospitals, more than 600 clinics and hundreds of locally driven programs across five western states: Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. Providence is committed to improving the health of the communities it serves, with a special emphasis on its mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. PH&S is a partner organization of the Providence St. Joseph Health family and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pediatrics or Internal or Family Medicine
- AK Medical License (MD or DO)
- BLS or PALS or ACLS for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association
- Active DEA License