WHO WE ARE
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO OUR SUCCESS!
Under the supervision of the Chief of Medicine the Medical Director will serve as an enterprise leader. The primary responsibilities of this role will include but is not limited to providing leadership to the healthcare center staff with regards to healthcare plan quality improvement by continuous measuring and monitoring the improvement of our healthcare center operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to lead and excel in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, results-oriented culture with the motivation to become an integral part of a rapidly growing organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities for the Healthcare Centers:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains standards for productivity set by AHF seeing an average minimum of 14 patients per day. Ensures compliance with standard by coordinating patient scheduling to compensate for no-show rate
- Responsible for chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the Policies and Procedures Committee. Must review 5 charts per week per clinic. Responsible for conducting or delegating peer review of providers.
- Maintains adequate provider staffing in the healthcare center to ensure smooth flow of patients. This will include coordination of vacation schedules such that not more than one provider is out on scheduled vacation
- Manages the day-to-day operations and decision-making involving facility, operations and administrative staff (including satellite locations) to ensure quality care. Oversees the administrative staff schedules (i.e., attendance and vacation schedules) for proper coverage
- Implement an integrated and consistent business model strategy across the organization through clear articulation of the vision and effective collaboration with line management and staff
- Manages the healthcare center budget, financial reporting and billing as required
- Ensures compliance with DOH, OSHA, HCFA, HIPAA and all other applicable regulations
- Develop significant partnerships with external organizations including: community health centers, manage care, state and federal governmental agencies.
- Ensures that annual organizational goals and objectives including new business opportunities and revenue targets are met.
- Conduct research and market data analyses to revise AHFs’ business model, in light of the evolving health care landscape
- Participate in the domestic expansion model including business development and vendor relationship/management
- Maintains productivity to standards set by AHF management. This will include counseling staff and trouble-shooting as necessary
- Responsible for the supervision of overall clinic administration
- Reports to Regional Medical Director on above mentioned issues
The position of HCC Medical Director will be re-evaluated every 6 months by healthcare center staff and management for evaluation of personnel management and leadership skills. Leadership seminars will be recommended as appropriate.
In order to ensure adequate time for the execution of these responsibilities, not more than 4 hours per week may be blocked out of patient care hours. If more time is required, prior authorization must be obtained from the Chief of Medicine.
Participation in Meetings/Committees
- Medical Staff Meeting
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AHF’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Doctorate degree (M.D., Ph.D., D.O) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid medical licensure in the State of Pennsylvania (without restrictions)
- Valid DEA furnishings license (without restrictions)
- Board eligible/certified in Primary Care or Infectious Disease