Our client is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. Our client leads in patient and healthcareworker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures.
- Work closely with Director of Global Portfolio Management and R&D Programs to lead initiatives to improve R&D effectiveness and efficiency.
- Drive Key Business Objectives, SOP Leaning, and Time Tracking to improve efficiency and product launch predictability.
- Works with the Director of Global Portfolio Management and R&D Programs, Core Team Leaders and functional managers to develop holistic annual cross program budgets & quarterly forecasts enabling the VP R&D to make high level budgetary recommendations.
- Supports monthly and quarterly cross program and functional portfolio level budget analyses and reports status.
- Works with the Director of Global Portfolio Management and R&D Programs in preparation, structuring and facilitation of leadership portfolio decision meetings and other leadership forums in which strategic investment decisions are made.
- Trains product development teams on Global Product Development System process and execution.
- Work with R&D, Regulatory and Quality Assurance to address cross-platform development and compliance issues.
- Work with Director of Global Portfolio Management and R&D Programs to lead and maintain Visual Management System, KPIs and Bowlers to not only tract program progress and hold project teams accountable but also help publish clear business priorities to the organization.
- Along with the Director of Global Portfolio Management and R&D Programs, interfaces with corporate and business unit partners to align with and implement portfolio management best practices within Cell Analysis business.
- Senior Manager will be called on routinely to lead small to medium cross functional strategic initiatives.
- Manage a team of approximately 6
- This Senior R&D Programs Manager position is designed to prepare you for future leadership roles.
- Minimum of 8years working in R&D or project management leading cross-functional teams in new product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline is strongly preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experience in medical device or life science industries is required including experience in FDA or other regulated environments preferred.
- Should have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate will have a degree in a life science discipline.
- Experience in the Life Sciences or a related industry is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a Global environment across many cultures and regions.
- Experience in project, program and portfolio management in a complex new product development environment.
- Experience in new product development and technology development preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial management skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills on a cross-cultural level and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong meeting and presentation skills.
- Highly effective goal-setting and implementation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to think and implement strategically is critical to this role.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Ability to work cross-organizationally