Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making.
The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
Maintain and expand sales of company's portfolio of products in existing accounts and develop new business within assigned territory. Act alone and as liaison for various personnel to increase the company's market penetration. Continually develop growth opportunities within assigned territory.
- Achieve sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycle and territory management.
- Maintain sales base while closing new business in both new and existing accounts.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (i.e., training modules, expense reports, sales forecasts, etc.) are completed promptly and accurately.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within accounts.
- Develop and execute sales strategies.
- Utilize available resources effectively.
- Travel within assigned territory is up to 50% and will provide customer-focused service and effectively support business goals. some regional, overnight travel is required.
- Understands and complies with all applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
Position primarily works independently within assigned territory; will work as a member of a consultative sales team as the sales cycle progresses; may mentor and/or train other sales representatives; responsible to manage territory within assigned budget.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencerequired; Associate's degree acceptable with comparable and relevant experience.
- Typically requires 4+ years of sales experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Candidate/incumbent should possess the following:
- ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications;
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- ability to work independently and as a team member;
- demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; analytical and critical-thinking skills;
- ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and computer software;
- ability to prioritize; strong organizational and planning skills;
- ability and aptitude to provide solutions and contingency plans through the comprehensive review of alternatives;
- ability to present material to Executive-level management.