Presents and sells Merit products to new and existing customers. Makes in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met. Coordinates with Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that products are delivered on time, to stay informed about new products, and to provide customer feedback about product innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
- Meeting regularly with clients and accounts to present and demonstrate Merit products and to explain their benefits.
- Identifying potential customers and introducing them to the products offered by Merit.
- Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products.
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
- Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products.
- Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
- Coordinates with other Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
- Prepares a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit's procedures.
- Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about Merit and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
- Travels by car, airplane, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
- Performs a variety of other sales related duties, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs -- local practice may apply.
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of three years of direct sales experience, preferably in selling tangible medical products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
- Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization goals.
- Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales information.
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
- Excellent driving record with no DUI's and no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.