Responsible for driving revenue and business development for the Identification Technologies (IDT) Business Area in the United States with a focus on the Medical Device industry vertical. Working in close cooperation with the NAM Sales Leadership and Sales Support team, this role is tasked with building and executing a comprehensive sales and account management strategy to drive net-new revenue within the medical device vertical across the multiple product offerings within the IDT business area.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secure and grow revenue and market share across our Smart Components, Event and Mobility Solutions and IoT Services product lines with a primary focus on design-in RFID products.
- Focus efforts on business development to identify and grow our channel strategies.
- Devise & develop new tactics of approaching the market from a “use application” and “solution enabler” point of view.
- Drive the lead-gen efforts from content creation, through outbound marketing activities and cold calling into new customers and potential partners.
- Timely follow-up on all leads received and continue to push on leads until they are “qualified in” or “qualified out”.
- Representing the company at trade shows and events and to partners and analysts.
- Provide on-time and up-to-date forecasts and account / territory strategies.
- Keep Sales Force and SSM up to date.
- Achieving the agreed to sales revenue targets as identified and agreed to.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the sales management.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 8 years industry experience and 5 years RFID experience required for this role.
- First-hand experience successfully working in or selling into the Medical Device industry vertical.
- Deep domain knowledge of RFID technologies with a focus on working with customers on design-in capabilities.
- Experience in both component hardware and solution selling.
- Sales or technical sales degree or equivalent education plus relevant industry experience.
- Technical knowledge of LF, HF, UHF, BLE. Certification to this effect would be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages are an advantage; Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Responsive to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or business community members.
- Ability to develop presentations and write content as an industry subject matter expert.
- Ability to present information to technical managers, “C-level” management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to communicate in professional manner with the Sales team, Business Development Team, Product Marketing, and other departments within HID.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc