Our client, a leading medical device company in the radiology and biopsy market, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Mid Atlantic market. Position can be based anywhere in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Delaware, or Southern New Jersey. Targeted total compensation is in the 170-220K range.
In this role you will be responsible for hiring, developing and managing both capital and disposable Sales Representatives for an assigned region. This position also develops sales strategies and ensures implementation and execution of tactics to achieve business plan objectives. Provides Sales Representatives with sufficient support, supervisory oversight, and customer engagement.
In this role your sales professionals target customer will be surgeons and doctors involved in providing radiology and biopsy services to patients. The sales team will be selling innovative surgical products to collect tissue samples from patients. This position is primarily home office and field based (i.e. OR, hospital, doctor's office, etc.).
The ideal candidate has 4 plus years in a sales management role, preferably with 2 plus years in medical device sales. Medical Device Sales Experience includes but is not limited to: surgical instruments; orthopedic and dental implants; diagnostic and treatment equipment (i.e. infusion pumps); imaging equipment; minimally invasive procedure devices.
Business and Financial Planning
- Based on overall business plan and understanding of accounts and territories, develops regional plans and sets priorities to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue goals.
- Manages and measures the work; knows Sales Representative activity at target accounts on a regular basis.
- Manages budget/spend to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual spending is within financial plan.
- Performs sales analysis trending and tracking.
- Prepares and submits accurate quarterly forecasts.
- Hires, trains, develops and retains a talented sales team.
- Provides one-on-one training, coaching/mentoring, development and team building.
- Performs quarterly, one-on-one field visits with Sales Representatives to assess and address their development needs.
- Delivers feedback regularly and appraises overall Sales Representative performance annually.
- Works with sales team to ensure existing customers are retained, competitive accounts are converted, and existing customers are expanded.
- Maintains effective relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in region.
- Demonstrates proper use of products and communicates the Company value proposition.
- Ensures that Sales Representatives perform accredited in-service and training.
- Minimum of 2 years in sales management with 6 years overall medical device sales experience.
- Both medical capital equipment and disposable medical device sales experiencepreferred.
- Experience calling on C-suite customers strongly preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Requires air travel on occasional basis.
- Considerable time spent traveling in company car.
- Expected to travel for Field Visit with each direct report once per quarter.
- Typical work-related travel assignments range 2-3 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.